when do you give up?

FAT_AUSSIE

FAT_AUSSIE said:

just on paper and only inThailand...

Only in Thailand.....not registered in Australia....ok understand...but legal all the same.

Is there more to this you can let us know....?

The child has an Australian pp...so born here?

Why did she go back to Thailand without you?

Sorry love to help just need more info...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys...

Emily was born in Thailand but she's an Australian citizen by decent, thats how she's come to have an Aussie passport. Emilys never been to Aus and I really feel my wife would not accept money for my daughter. Whatsoever.

I'm not keen on kidnapping my daughter from her mother, I feel that overall I would be successful in getting her out of Thailand but then there is the potential legal battle to follow!

Another thing is that in Thailand my wife and I are still married so there are no court orders concerning my daughter.

At the end of the day I would like to go back to Thailand, divorce my wife, gain custody of my daughter and then return to Australia.

Are there people (legal) in Thailand willing to take on her cause on a perhaps no win no fee or probono basis at either a local or international level? or is she on her own???

Pro Bono!?

Are you kidding????

From another post of yours i have read that you built a one million baht house there, send 25.000 baht a month upcountry. And you want pro bono!?

Sorry, but there are about 50 million people in Thailand far more deserving a free lawyer.

Try your luck with a big law firm, they do under circumstances give pro bono service in special deserving cases, but i hardy believe that you are one those.

Sorry, i misunderstood you.

No, hardly. Unless you misinformed us about the situation i don't think anyone would defend such a case pro bono, just so that a women can go and work in a bar.

Just go to a lawfirm here, present the facts, and let them tell you about the chances.

suadum said: Dude, no offence, but why is she in LoS and you are in Oz? What do you expect? No newly married woman is going to wait on you forever! She expects you to be a family, not an ATM. She is likely bored and lonely and has no idea what to do with herself.

Dead right, plenty of same nationality marriages don't last with the husband working overseas and the wife at home so what chance has a farang / Thai marriage got in the same circumstances. Also what is the point of being married in the first place if you're not going to be able to live together.

I ain't gonna mince words. (Any Trek fan will tell you Captain Pike DOES NOT mince words). (INSULTS REMOVED - board moderator) She wants to "work" in a bar in Pattaya? Good career move Nong. And she may bring your daughter there. Are you okay with that? She is going to use the kid as a tool to squeeze your wallet. I guess that is painfully obivious. You will start off trying to work out this and that, but you are going to lose interest, get frustrated and eventually give up. You really think moving them to Australia is going to solve anything? Wake up Fat_Assie.

I ain't saying GET HER AND HER ENTIRE FAMILY WHACKED. But..hey..I understand. ;)

Both myself and my wife gave consent for my daughter to have a passport, I would check it out further but I think thats consent for her to travel. I guess if that is the case she could only flag my daughters passport at the airport.

Either way lockup makes the sound of legal action better, it seems that legally shes on her own so I think i'd be better off to seek a lawyer in BKK and do things by the book.

Has anybody heard of a Thai family law court favouring a foriegn father? I think I've got fat chance as a farang legally removing a Thai national from Thailand, has it been done before???

Archived