when do you give up?

FAT_AUSSIE

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd take her out. Probably by a third country, Singapore, say. I'd consider changing addresses back in Oz first if wifey had friends there and placate the wife whenever she calls. 'Oh it was stupid of me I know. I just wanted her to meet the extended family and see my country. Yes! of course I'll bring her back. Here's some money for now......

Stupid to flee with your child? Probably, but I'd do it if I loved her. By no way of justification there are reported cases of just such things happening in UK and the mothers cannot get the child back despite the lawyer's efforts.

Possession is 9/10th of the law in a case like this, apparently. Anyway, it would take months if not years to get to court and by that time the child loves her dad and new school and wants to stay in Oz. If she starts to miss mum just cut short the 'holiday' and return her to Thailand.

Think folks are overdramatizing the danger of him taking his own kid out of the country.

By the time the relatives know anything is up and get their act together he could be home already.

But unfortunately it's the aftermath that's pretty crappy. Especially if they want to revisit Thailand and the mother got the Thai authorities involved. Though I think it wouldn't be a problem if enough homework was done with snaps of the mother at "work".

<<burp>>

Fat_Ausie

Tough choice to make...

If push come to shove and you decide that the child will have a better life in Au, you need to get the child here. You do not want to be seen to "kidnap" the child as Au is a signatory to the Hague convention to the rights of the child and will often send the kid back if there is a complaint.

When the child is in Au you start divorce proceedings in Au. Then pull out all the stops in the divorce dirty tricks book. PM me for some details. The court will not let the child out of the country if there is a risk of being involved in a "dubious lifestyle". You can and will be given "residence" if it is done right.

To ensure the cultural well being of the child make sure you have some contact with the Thai community in Au. Generally make sure there is good support and a loving environment for your daughter.

This is a lifetime not a lifestyle decision.

Chang

Archived