Illusions and Delusions about Bar Girls

Yeah 8k baht a night not bad really - anyone think they can still pull her on a slow night from the carpark for a purple?

Monthly that adds up to 240k + her base salery maybe 15k so overall more than 250k & thats before any sponsor transfers coming in ;)

Serious cash indeed few expats topping that I'm afraid or even USA guys i.e. 6250$ & thats tax free take home pay we're talking here!

Luckily there's a very wide spread among the BGs income level just as there is in any society so there's still room for the 500bt ST with an ugly tart right?

Happy stunna shagging or rescuing :beer:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pattaya127, just because you have not seen things with your own eyes, you believe they don't exist or didn't occur.

The original article said NOTHING about non-sponsored girls getting 200,000 baht, but simply that some girls earn this amount or even more. As per usual you mis-quote people to help your own argument.

I am not going to mention names but I know of at least 3 girls, each in different Bangkok gogo bars, who make this amount. Yes, of course it is made up in part by money sent from overseas. I also know of a number of girls in ONE bar, somewhere between Asoke and Sukumvit Soi Zero, where a number of girls make this amount. Ever Dared Eating Nom?

Stick

PS I believe Ranger wrote on of his many interesting reports on here some time ago about a girl he knew in Soi Yodsak who had done an extraordinary short-times in one month, in excess of 150 if I remember rightly. That would not likely equate to 200K baht a month, BUT it does show that some girls do EXTREMELY high mileage.

I think it's generally accepted that BG's are liars by profession so when they are telling you how much they earn, how many offs etc then how do you know they are telling the truth. I think many might exgerate for face. Where 127 might not believe anything until he's seen it, others believe things when they have no real way to know, other than BG's boasting. I have heard BG's sincerely telling me of earning 100,000 baht for LT, believe or not? I think we can say from our own experiences though that prices have gone up considerably over the last few years partly by the two week sex tourists paying too much.

Sticks how to make it with a BG editorial was excellent, will we see how to make it with a sex tourist this week?

I think it's generally accepted that BG's are liars by profession so when they are telling you how much they earn, how many offs etc then how do you know they are telling the truth.
I will grant you that BGs are generally not the most truthful people. But few customers want to be the second or third guy that night (or week); most guys prefer to think they are special and I suspect virtually all BGs know this. BGs have strong incentives to deny they did a short time earlier in the evening when they actually did and virtually no incentive to fabricate short times that did not occur.

They do have incentives to inflate payment amounts, but in this case I saw a Japanese guy hand over 4 one thousand Baht notes to the girl in the bar because he wanted her so bad. I also know her on a non-professional basis because of some non-financial help I provided to her and one of her sponsors when they were caught with something you should never have in Thailand (in brief, because of my position here, I use alot of local lawyers (I work in the financial sector), and I was able to steer her and her farang friend to a capable lawyer (after they used an incapable and expensive one) who was able to extricate them from a very very bad situtation - they paid alot of money to get out of that jam, and some of the money came from her.) I now have a pretty good sense of what her life is like, and while I question her judgment about some of her "habits", she certaintly isn't poor by any stretch of the imagination.

I believe Ranger wrote on of his many interesting reports on here some time ago about a girl he knew in Soi Yodsak who had done an extraordinary short-times in one month, in excess of 150 if I remember rightly.

Stick,

That would be Miss 175. Talked to another Soi Yodsak friend today who did 7 ST's yesterday and this is low season. I can also confirm the earning power of the girls at Ever Dared Eating Nom. Even some of the ugly ones there can earn easily over 100K per month.

Ranger

Fancy handing over the cash before he even left the bar, what an idiot. Japanese are certainly at the guiltier end of the punter pay too much spectrum but they are not alone. One a recent trip to a suk bar the Mrs got talking to a girl from the same town as her. This girl looked so ugly and rough I felt a bit sorry for her as I could not imagine anyone wanting to BF her. The GF later told me a UK guy was sending the girl 80,000 baht a month and that he was going to marry her (with two kids and saggy tits) with 200,000 sin sot and 10 baht gold. Could have been boasting, but knowing what fools some tourists can be it might well have been true.

Even if one is socalled 'friends' with a BG or even a not so respectable NBG I'd still be very wary about whatever 'truths' she let one know casually or otherwise.

I have on numerous occasions been told outright lies by a NBG 'friend', which happen to be the GF of a farang friend of mine.

So when double checking with her BF thats when I caugh her lying quite often i what seemed unnecessary tales merely to gain face or whatever reasoning was behind.

So unless your friend have over the years proved a very reliable one of the thai species I'd never trust a single word she ever said without doublechecking against at least one other source.

Basically running standard journalist procedures on her ;)

Still I have no reason not to believe the likes of 175 ST a day or some other rather extreme numbers.

Sanook!

Even if one is socalled 'friends' with a BG or even a not so respectable NBG I'd still be very wary about whatever 'truths' she let one know casually or otherwise.

I have on numerous occasions been told outright lies by a NBG 'friend', which happen to be the GF of a farang friend of mine.

I think the best way to approach this is to look at the incentives of the sources. Because BGs want to attract customers, it seems unlikey that they would tell lies that would make them less attractive to customers.

But I can easily imagine BGs lying where it is in their interest to do so. A few obvious examples come to mind, such as "I have only worked in the bar for one week," which is another way of saying: I haven't fucked several hundred other guys in the last six months. This is quite similiar to a BG smelling of short time hotel soap saying she hasn't been bar fined earlier in the night.

I can easily see a BG telling a customer that she doesn't have a farang boyfriend when she actually has several overseas sponsors, but it is hard to see why she would do the opposite: fabricate overseas sponsors that don't exist. It will only drive away prospective new overseas sponsors.

BGs certainly lie. Farangs do too. But when people lie, they typically do so to advance their own interests - not to drive away potentially lucrative business opportunities.

Pattaya127, just because you have not seen things with your own eyes

-------------------------------------

Stick, if my recollections are right, i've done the scene when you were still having no idea you'd even go to Thailand. What you've seen, I have lived! Ever stayed with girls generously endowed? I did. Ever stayed in some decrepit building, with a girl with no bank account, and another one next door is coughing all night long because she's got Aids? I did. And a few other things.... No achievement and no bragging but since you claim stuff about me....

Point is, you'd find hard to point in anything I wrote they did not "exist". Your agenda is to warn people against the evils of the tourist scene, while the set-up of your site is basically to promise them they will have a good time. Fine with me, and i see no contradiction, but IMO, that's very basic 101 on any prostitution scene anywhere, and no in-depth reporting. Not that you say this is what you intend to do.

I read gadfly's answer to me, and I will not make it too much an expat vs tourist thing, but I'd say again, look around you, anyone, this time at the guys, think about most of the ones you know, and tell me how many "knights in shining armour" fit the description (1). Not denying again the existence of complete suckers, and sobbing samaritans, but it doesn't take too many repeat trips (and i mean, to NP, pong, SC or soi bars in Pattaya, not Thailand) to understand what it's all about, for the wide majority.

(1) yep, some guy will put out, and justify it with "she needs me", but he's simply crazy about the girl, very little to do with seeing himself as a rescuer. those, with the moral ground that comes with it, are not too many, IMO.

So, good to warn some it ain't black and white, but to again say sexpats knows and tourits don't, is way generalizing again. That is usually what my answers are about when I argue on topics here, not to say this exists and this doesn't.

Archived