Illusions and Delusions about Bar Girls

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It migth occur to your brain that some of these girls don't live near bars, stay 24/h day/night with their punter and therefore the possibility to frequent customers might be around 0%, but then that's only representative for at best about 1%?
This did "occur to [my] brain", but it is a bit more complicated and difficult issue. One of the major points Stickman makes is to get the girl away from the bar, and I think he is right. I will agree that this probably increases the success rate, but I won't hazard guess on a figure.

Perhaps it wasn't clear, but what I was really addressing is the situation where a farang in the US, Europre or wherever is remitting money to a "reformed" BG in Thailand. That happens frequently, seems to be the source of much grief for farangs and presumably considerable wealth for the BG. When that happens, you don't know if they live near bars (or others who work in bars - most girls these days seem to live down past On Nut), they clearly don't stay 24 hours with their farang "boyfriend" (but perhaps spend considerable time with their Thai boyfriend), and therefore the possibility, or should we say opportunity - because that is what this is really all about - to frequent customers is around 100%.

Indeed it wasn't clear at all the remark concerned "sponshorship"

Most of us know "far away relationships" and "sponshorships" are not guaranteed for "fidelity" of (ex) bg's.

Besides that the question of how many have a succesfull realtionship with (ex)Bg's is impossible to answer, nuff said.

I always have to throw in my usual comment. Or at least what is becoming my usual comment.

Really nice, average in ability but above average in looks, women/girls often end up in various massage places.

They are very often interested in ad eal where they can avoid having five or six guys every day and concentrate all that ability, youthful energy and charm on just one.

Massage girls do not have any channce to learn all the scams that bar girls learn as that is just not possible in an hour and a half session.

Most do not want to be doing this but, being Thai, they try to make it as much fun and as nice as possible.

The most popular gogo girls and those girls who work in places where they service high numbers of customers can earn up to, and even from time to time exceed, 200,000 Thai baht per month.

--------------------------------

Funny that this is the one statement Stick won't give a % for ::.... (same on the one with thai BFs yeah-ing a marriage off to farangland, man, that's a lot of asking around, for a married man like Stick, plus "they all lie", so he needs to cross-examine, very time-consuming....).

Did he at least mention if these were farang-oriented places, or top luxury clubs for thai men counting as well?

Look around you, guys, next time you partake around Suk entertainment complexes, and Pattaya, and try to add up how many of all the lasses you can lay your eyes on, in the bars and gogos, make non-sponsored 5000$ a month.

pattaya127 said:

Look around you, guys, next time you partake around Suk entertainment complexes, and Pattaya, and try to add up how many of all the lasses you can lay your eyes on, in the bars and gogos, make non-sponsored 5000$ a month.

Hi 127,

Good test. I would say to make that much is very unusual. Most reasonably active/succesful girls are making maybe 20,000 - 25,000 a month. the not so succesful ones will make a lot less. Obviously it varies.

Khwai

I applaud the good work Stick does with his site, which many enjoy, but I think, from what i read here, his view and reports on the girls are made with the proverbial 10ft pole, more Conventional wisdom than investigation, with copious pigeon-holing, and since it's about prositution, it probably looks about right, can't go wrong.

But after so many years of "S'GTBKK", digging a bit under the surface, escape the uni-dimensinal view, give the girls a fair appraisal of their lives, by not just tangently hanging around the scene, instead reporting from the inside, which means outside of their workplace, where they live, how they live and cope, their dreams, fancies, daily realities, etc...

I mean, he owes them, without these girls, who knows if his site would have gotten so popular?

IMO

I suspect guys here underestimate how much a stunner can make in one of the more popular NEP bars. If you don't live here, you don't have the opportunity to go out on a regular basis, you won't have the opportunity to observe how certain girls are able to do three or four STs in a single night. And you are probably more likely to believe BGs who say they haven't had a customer in days.

It is low season now, but I know one BG from Rainbow 4 who did three STs last night. She won't go for less than 2,000 Baht, she will tell every customer that she hasn't been with a man for at least a week, and the customers believe her. I know one guy gave her 4,000 Baht (Japanese) in the bar before they left. This wasn't an extraordinairy night for her, but she pulled in at least 8,000 Baht (US$200). And she isn't the only one in that bar or others. There is a BG in Silverdragon who is able to also do this on a regular basis.

To be fair, these aren't "average girls", they are good looking, fun to be with, "people smart" and very sexy. On the other hand, there are plenty of BGs like this. This is one of the main reasons that Thailand is so popular with single male tourists and the people who populate this board.

Even visitors who spend time on this board are very naive about BGs and bars. Now consider those how don't visit these sorts of boards; they are likely to be even more naive.

Most people simply don't realize how big the nightlife industry here is or how much money it generates. I don't begrudge the girls or the bars - their behavior is perfectly rational - but let's be clear: we aren't white knights in armour rescuing damsels in distress. That is the real fantasy.

Guest lazyphil

<<but let's be clear: we aren't white knights in armour rescuing damsels in distress. That is the real fantasy. >>

I've said this before and I'll say it again, its the girls saving us, they're are the saviours IME anyway :o ....i'm quite serious, any guy thinking hes the big white missionary saviour has rocks in his head.

Archived