BUYING A MOTOR BIKE

When buying a motoro bike how do we keep within the law as to the license plate and insurance.....My GF is getting one for her B-Day and I want to know exactly the proper procedure so she can drive it away from the dealer and be legal?????

David...your post is indisious and other wise useless.

She is currently renting from Thais at 100 baht per day, We compared her Motor Bike Lic to my Auto DL...BTW!

The other poster is a big shot so I'll have to be careful about asking him to answer the question, if he knows or sparing me any futher info that I don't need!

Again,,,,was up with getting insurance and the lic plates???

Does anyone have any info...so far none! ::

With the two bikes I've bought, the Honda dealer did the insurance and the licensing.

While not uncommon for someone without a license to drive a bike, VERY rare to drive a unregistered vehicle on the raod.

One thing you can say about Thai corruption, at least it makes sure most people do register the bikes.

DOG

Does anyone have any info...so far none!

How about looking in the phone book.............. under insurance companies?

Or phoning up Directory enquiries?

Hope that helps ::

Ps my previous post was based on recent personal experiance, hence the feeling contained within it - glad it does not apply to you :D

Thank you Nervie Bowzer...that was an answer to my question...No doubt whilst reading a bitr here, I got a lil blast in strying to start u p by not answering my question and then claming fould whilst I persist in looking for some info. You, Sir, did well by me and I thank you for that. Just from this little Tango en Trapping I'll use this place for info sparingly as it seems to be like pulling teeth sans the novocaine.....

My net time goes back to running a board on AOL in the late 80's and early 90's and I can tell you right now thatg shite like this go around about a little answer goes to the leadership and as usual there will be the Mod's Pet's whom can do no wrong......

Again

K. ND. Thanks to a zippo to the others cause they gave me nill!~ :neener:

Nervous_Dog said:

One thing you can say about Thai corruption, at least it makes sure most people do register the bikes.

Unfortunately, except Pattaya. Well, maybe they are registered, but take a random sampling when you are down there. Often enough a double digit % don't have plates.

If they were a stickler for plates, I bet motorcycle drive by ripoffs would decline enormously.

<<burp>>

Archived