Boom, boom, boom, boom ...

Flashermac

Thought a variant of this law had been on the books for quite some time in Florida. If so, and if I recall correctly, had the effect of; reducing crime, wrongful shootings by armed citizens were at a lower rate than the police and greatly increased crime against tourists, who could reliably be trusted not to be packing (and led to rental car markings nationwide becoming more non-descript).

(Also if not mistaken, believe the unfortunate trick-or-treater was gunned down in Louisiana).

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"...Isn't you Loc a bit of a misnomer...Don't you live in Richmond where there is a big populus of African-Americans...."

Yes, got priced out of SFO years back. I grew up in SFO's mission district,not a great place then, or now. Yes, Richmond is very diverse cultureally, a lot of African Americans, Lao, Hmong, Thai, Mexicans etc. Frankly I love it.! My area is in the Marina, gated, nice area, 1/4 mile away is a major slum/high crime area, the park down the street frequently has gang activities...hence the helicopters...

I guess I am lucky I live in Australia, we don't really have firearms to the max and generally I have allways felt safe...

but then again fear breeds fear so I think if I lived where most people have a gun I would have one too (out of fear)

you can see where it starts and finnishes------politics...

Guest lazyphil

<<In my city here in Northern California>>

I heard Americans geography is rubbish :scared::neener: but why cant you at least get your home geography correct?...Mendocino or Crescent City are Northern citys/towns in california, SF surely is middle :topic:

Hugh_Hoy said:

This thread has NOTHING to do with Iran or N. Korea. Get a grip. If u want to trash the U.S., that's up to you. But why don't you at least be honest about it and start a new posting?

This thread is about a law in Florida which allows citizens to use deadly force when "reasonable". And if that means killing some asshole who's stealing my car at gun-point, I'd relish the opportunity to make sure it was the last time he tried it. To me, it's him or me. Now, if he's threatening you, that might be a different story, as I know how you'd feel about it (nevermind that your loved ones might grieve your death while their taxes pay for the perps food, health care, exercise equipment and make sure he gets "conjugal visits"). Try to stay on topic.

HH :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

But I am on topic !

Bang your head all you want :D I point out the mentality, the attitude and the typical louthmouth reply. That says it all.

In a real civilised country, which you now take the opportunity to bash :p, we dont go around and kill people..... we bring them to justice.

But he! its your country and your fucking stupid gunlaws :: and yes, you do try to export that shitty attitude to other parts of the world.

And no, I do not trash the US, I love the country and the people, I dispise your goverment, but that might be too difficult to grasp....

Anyway, lets have a :beer:......

BB

BTW, at least we do have a healthcare and a government that works when needed.....

BB

Phil,

A bit of History, Northern California is considered anything North of Santa Barbera (Agree, seems pretty arbitrary to me as well). Years back the northern most 5 counties were supposed to split off into their own state, called "Jefferson," but the idea was dropped/forgotton when WWII broke out.

Hi!

When I worked as a security guard in the seventies I knew a lady that worked at the airport security. She told me that nearly every week they would nick some American carrying a gun. The reaction was always "I have a permit to carray a gun". They seemed incapable to understand that an American gun permit is not valid outside America. So I can see why Canadian border guards would be suspicios.

regards

ALHOLK

Archived