Boom, boom, boom, boom ...

Flashermac

Hugh Hoy,

Love you man, you know that already! (not in a gay way...well... :) ) But I'll say this, I think there are bigger issues that start at the top. We have a government that feels it can invade who it wants on a preceived threat/LIE and we have people here who feel they are right in everything they do as well. I own guns, and know many guys who do...some of these guys think they are right to just waste anyone anytime, regardless of the situation. Get in an argument? (that you started), pull a gun...someone on your property, shoot them, (maybe they are lost or just passing through, a short cut...), someone gets in your way driving, hit them, you are right. I see countless assholes like this everyday.

Now forget all the firearm deaths in this country, we still have more people killed by beating, stabbing etc...so guns are just the tool. Clearly, something is wrong here! The attitudes many Americans have concerning "being right" and "fighting for what is theirs" starts at the top, with our gunslinging pres. He is an armed, empowered guy with a bad attitude, who thinks might makes right, and so are many gun owners... so there is some common train of thought here...

Oh, and Belgian Boy is not anti American, I on the other hand am becomming that way... :)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Old Hippie said:

Hugh Hoy,

Love you man, you know that already!

Bawk wan. :)

Old Hippie said:

I see countless assholes like this everyday.

Ditto.

Old Hippie said:

The attitudes many Americans have concerning "being right" and "fighting for what is theirs" starts at the top, with our gunslinging pres. He is an armed, empowered guy with a bad attitude, who thinks might makes right, and so are many gun owners... so there is some common train of thought here...

I share with you your opinion of GB2, but I?m doubtful that his attitude really influences many gun owners.

I have no idea if BB is ?anti-American?. I?d think that he?d have some Goth/Hun/Viking/Mongol blood running through him. Baffles me how so many Euros got to be such pussies.

Funny story though: a couple of years ago I take a trip up to Victoria/Vancouver and those parts. Cross the sound on a ferry, arriving with about 300 other cars on Victoria Island.

Canada Customs/Excise: ?Are you bringing in any food, liquor or firearms into the country??

Me: ?No?.

Customs man: ?Where are you from?? (Apparently not seeing my vehicle license plate or a trick question.)

Me: ?California?.

Customs man: ?Do you own a gun??

Me: ?Yes?.

Customs man: ?Do you have it with you??

Me: ?No?

Obviously, the dude didn?t believe me. Mine was one of 3 vehicles picked for a fairly thorough search. LOL !

HH

lazyphil said:

<<this country has gone mad... >>

Awlways has been since the spat with the red coats, you could be a more sane lot like the Aussies :: had you not gotten in such a strop!

There simply aren't enough Aussies to kick up much of a fuss worldwide. But I've seen 'em do their best in a bar!

:beer:

Flashermac said:

Yeah, nobody ever gets shot, stabbed, raped or beaten to death in Thailand ... not even Brit tourists in Chiang Mai, Phuket or Kanchanaburi.

Ya, but this is a third world country and therefore I do not hold them to as high a standard as I hold my own... My perception is the LoS is far safer than any big city in the US. And say what you want (Figgy, don't start LOL!), perception IS reality in any individual's case.

But in any event, I do not go to sleep at night in LoS hearing gunshots. In fact, I have never heard gunfire in LoS (Cambo is a different story). I cannot say the same for my childhood growing up in the US where it was a nightly occurance.

Regards,

SD

Hugh_Hoy said:

Baffles me how so many Euros got to be such pussies.

Maybe because like me, they have seen the worst extremes of violence (in their case, WWI & II of course) and choose to not live their lives that way? The Japanese are "pussies" too, if you notice. Prolly for the same reason.

Regards,

SD -- proud to be a "pussy"

You're in the wrong neighbourhood! I never once heard gunfire in my neighbourhoods in the States, but I have 3 or 4 times here in Bangkok. And when I lived upcountry, I heard it fairly often. (Usually drunks shooting each other in the local nightclub.) I found myself in the middle of a running gun battle between a thief and a cop up there once, plus there was a shoot out between the police and a wanted hitman on my university campus early one morning! Oh, yeah ... my own brother-in-law was the victim of a hit.

But anyway, isn't Florida a third world country???

Isn't you Loc a bit of a misnomer...Don't you live in Richmond where there is a big populus of African-Americans....

Althought San Francisco no longer sports Little Old Ladies strolling Market street in pill box hats and white gloves ala circa 1950 it is still a long way from Richmond when the ethnic group that populates the town has a very high rate of non recreational gun use.

As for the Florida thingo, they has lots of problem with illegals and Afrros. I would have a "Nine and a Room Broom that would be a clip fed semi auto shot gun.........I'd have a gun in LOS if I could....I wouild hate to have to torch a home invater with hair spray ingnited with a bic lighter and then beat them with a pool que. Don't have a base ball bat in LOS, I've been told! Oh yeah, same same as America. If the robgber slipps outside, drag em back in and make sure there is alot of their blood in your house!

iran and N.Korea better watch out for those mean freedom liberators

---------------------------

Not every state has these laws. Some have more stringent control of guns and what you can do with them.OH may know better, but I think in SF (California? NY?), you can't use your gun, period, lest your life is in danger, and you better have the right permit and shoot the guy dead, or a good lawyer, because he'll sue for evrything you got, thieve or murderer that he may be.

This said, I remember the case of the asian student who dressed for halloween, mistook the house he went in, in Texas, got shot dead by the owner, and there was no case to hold him for.

Archived