Drugged, mugged, hospitilised and now recovering

John_Betong

Side note about ladies dosing farang:

If you hit the sukhumvit sidewalk after hours, watch out for old ladies. The ones who are hanging out at tables. Sometimes with younger girls. The fact is they have no real business being out there since the liklihood of a short time when there are all those young ladies around is slim to none.

They wait for a friendly falung who is willing to chat them up (i've done this enough times) and dose his drink. Obviously i'm talking here about a small number of old ladies not all. I have this from a BG who drinks with one of these ladies. After telling me, the BG immediately tried to distance herself from the old lady saying "not friend very bad."

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also wonder if i was dosed by a barowner in hua hin a few years back. As i recall the guy was from holland and it was a real dive bar. Anyway, had been drinking all night and felt absolutely great when i showed up at this guy's bar (don't know the name) with a very hot BKK girl. He was enamored with this girl. When he brought me my drink (black so) i took one small sip and it was very strong and drank no more of it. Within one or two minutes the great buzz i had going was gone and i felt dizzy. Told my girl not to drink hers, paid up and left. Got home and started to feel ok again. Who knows?

unit731 said:I guess, when going to WC - to finish drink first. In other words, never leave a drink unattended.

Don't get paranoid over one incident.

unit731 said:The credit card thing has me worried. I guess, from now on, I will just carry one credit card when traveling outside hotel.

One credit card is plenty for anyone. However many bars (e.g. Afterschool) don't take credit cards, so you will need plenty of cash anyway.

I think i have been a combination of lucky or clueless but so far i have never experienced anyone trying to slip me a mickey.

I have on a couple of occasions had the reverse happen. i just have either due to too much alcohol or just not feeling very well been taken back to my room by bar staff.

this tends to lead me to thinking that its a lot of chicken little going on.

I am not in any way trying to deny that it does not happen but no one I know have experienced that. I think its just very very rare. i have lived here for 4 years and the range of people i know is 6mths up to 12 years

Always a good idea to travel in pairs that way if there is any trouble you can look after each other. Less chance of being betaen up, mugged or drugged.

its certainly harder to slip mickeys into two drinks than one.

Ive met several farangs while out by myself and both are good mates i keep in touch with and have hung out with over several trips.

the old adage of always having your wits about you is right. although i have been guilty of getting drunk i always stay at a level where im not passing out or completely unaware of whats going on.

i have been taken advantage of when ive been drunk, luckily though its only been by beautiful girls!!!!!!

:neener:

• 3 weeks later...

The drug and mug racket has been going on for a long time. There is some really horrible cases of keeping people stoned for days/weeks on end so they can go back and back to the ATM.

(I know cases in the UK too.)

The German press was saying that 200 Germans die in Thailand every year and they always write heart attack when -- in truth a lot of them have been drugged. The medics look over the body and only report if they find needle marks -- they don't check the blood.

Most cheap Mickey Finns are industrial alchohol based and they give a slight sweet taste (like vodka when pour in beer) if you sip a beer and it doesn't taste right don't drink it.

The good ones you won't have a chance with.

Archived