Bali Bombings

sayjann

This stuff is not about Muslims, Christians, democracy, terrorists, etc. It is simply about determined folks with an agenda going after other determined folks with a different agenda. All of the labels are just a way for folks to rationalize and justify what they do. Bush does it for "values", "democracy" and oil; Islamic extemists do it for" "values", "Allah", virgins, etc. Either way someone is making money regardless of what side they are involved with.

The US overestimated their abilities and underestimated the abilities of those who are against them. So now we are currently in a world where "Islamic terrorism" is the new cold war. Same shit but a differnt group of guys playing the game.

The only thing that will save mankind from destroying itself is if an alien race that likes to cook and eat humans comes our way. Survival is a hell of a motivator.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

<<The only thing that will save mankind from destroying itself is if an alien race that likes to cook and eat humans comes our way. Survival is a hell of a motivator. >>

I'm going on a BIG crash diet right now, down to 10 stone might save me from E.T. :)

What's that supposed to mean? You don't give a shit? You're not alone.

What it means is that I'm bored with

(a) the bandwagon you're on, whose passengers are sheep bleating the mantra of "Bush is killing Muslims," "we went into Iraq for the oil" etc etc ad naseum.

(B) the utterly rediculous, indefensible, and most importantly, factually inaccurate nature of the actual statement you made

© the nature of your tactics of using any forum whatsoever to advance your agenda of (a) and (B) above, regardless of how inapproriate that forum might me. In other words, people died and were maimed and mangled in the incident that is the topic of this thread, and you can do little more than hijack the thread to get in your barbs. Shameless, pathetic, and completely lacking in integrity.

Clear now?

PS I'm already anticipating a few one-liners from other members of the board who often chime in to aid their apologist brothers in causes like this. As Lt. Riker would say: Shields up!

jjsushi said:

This stuff is not about Muslims, Christians, democracy, terrorists, etc. It is simply about determined folks with an agenda going after other determined folks with a different agenda. All of the labels are just a way for folks to rationalize and justify what they do.

Hi jj,

One additional point is that one side is composed of people who are insane. To the extent that insane people have religious views, they cannot be taken seriously or seen as in anyway valid, so to attach religious labels is silly. Equally silly, imho, is to attempt political or sociological analysis to these peoples actions.

Crazy people with murderous intent are all around us and will always find an outlet. If these people were not bombing in Bali they would be drive-by-shooting or school-shooting in USA, IRA members in UK, serial killers in ..... you name it.

Just my two cents worth.

Khwai

Thanks for the link...

I’m in the US and this is the first I've heard of the bombings...Apparently, Bush's Supreme Court nomination trumps this bit of news. Curiously as the last time it happened it was splashed everywhere...Sad situation, I hope the military finds then and "interrogates" them...

Flashermac said:

Huh? What's with the posts about Bali in this thread? It's supposed to be a fight about Iraq, anti-Americanism, the phases of the moon or whatever ...

:topic:

You're right Flasher. It's all about Bali. No connection to the Middle East, muslim extremists, suicide bombers, war on terror, 911, London Tube bombings, Iraq. Forget all that stuff. Totally separate issue. Let's just report the casualty figures and keep the comments to ourselves.

Archived