Bali Bombings

sayjann

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Flashermac said:

The topic seems to say "Bali Bombings". I naively thought that would refer to the recent bombings in Bali and their result. But what do I know.

:dunno:

I guess some people ran out of things to say about it. You can only say how horrible it is so many times then you start looking for the causes. It's just the way some people's minds work.

I can shut up about Bush and Iraq and Islamic extremists and suicide bombings here there and everywhere...no problem. I just make a fool of myself when I start anyway. And I hate the whole bloody mess. But don't try to tell me there's no connection between Bali and all the other stuff. That's BS.

Of course what you really object to is the implication that America might somehow be responsible. I'd agree that is a separate issue more to do with US domestic politics than Bali.

<< But don't try to tell me there's no connection between Bali and all the other stuff. That's BS. >>

What I was objecting to is that the thread was turning into just another slanging match which is identical to that in so many other threads.

<< Of course what you really object to is the implication that America might somehow be responsible. >>

How do you know that? Are you a mind reader? BTW, I did NOT vote for GBII. (I'm still a registered Democrat ...)

And since so many of the Bali victims -- as before -- are from Oz, don't you think that maybe Australia's participation in Iraq has as much to do with it as the US's?

<<And since so many of the Bali victims -- as before -- are from Oz, don't you think that maybe Australia's participation in Iraq has as much to do with it as the US's?

>>

Sad and true - one reason I wish I was a New Zealander (The other their sheep are prettier than Aussie Sheep)

DOG - Sheep Dog

Flashermac said:

<< But don't try to tell me there's no connection between Bali and all the other stuff. That's BS. >>

What I was objecting to is that the thread was turning into just another slanging match which is identical to that in so many other threads.

<< Of course what you really object to is the implication that America might somehow be responsible. >>

How do you know that? Are you a mind reader? BTW, I did NOT vote for GBII. (I'm still a registered Democrat ...)

And since so many of the Bali victims -- as before -- are from Oz, don't you think that maybe Australia's participation in Iraq has as much to do with it as the US's?

I don't like when it becomes a slanging match either. It's counterproductive. But as soon as anyone mentions Bush or Iraq somebody starts screaming about anti-Americanism and we're back in the same hole.

OK I was out of line putting words into your mouth but I didn't like your disengenuous tone. ("The topic seems to say "Bali Bombings". I naively thought that would refer to the recent bombings in Bali and their result. But what do I know.") There is a war going on and the Bali bombings are part of it.

I think it would be more useful to ask why Bali was targetted. If it's part of Al Quaida strategy what are they trying to achieve? Is it some kind of second-front? Why Australia? Why hasn't Thailand been hit yet?

CW:

Your comments about the US and Iraq, if standing alone, would probably be fine. But when you insert them into the bali bombing thread and imply (or outright state) that there is cause and effect between iraq and the bali bombs, then this assertion raises questions.

Do the bali bombers put out consistent statements/propaganda asserting they are attacking and murdering indonesians (and a few westerners) as part of a global campaign against the infidels? Or is this more a domestic insurgency hitting the local government where it hurts? I'm no expert on the situation down there so I'm open minded on it. But unless you can come up with evidence of the connection between the bombers and the iraq war (other than the mere existence of the iraq war itself) then maybe you should not state so adamantly that there is a connection.

MaiLuk said:

CW:

Your comments about the US and Iraq, if standing alone, would probably be fine. But when you insert them into the bali bombing thread and imply (or outright state) that there is cause and effect between iraq and the bali bombs, then this assertion raises questions.

Do the bali bombers put out consistent statements/propaganda asserting they are attacking and murdering indonesians (and a few westerners) as part of a global campaign against the infidels? Or is this more a domestic insurgency hitting the local government where it hurts? I'm no expert on the situation down there so I'm open minded on it. But unless you can come up with evidence of the connection between the bombers and the iraq war (other than the mere existence of the iraq war itself) then maybe you should not state so adamantly that there is a connection.

I guess you're referring back to my response to Pattaya127 post...I said....

"Basically Bush and Cheney are killing muslims and that's fine with lots of Christian folks. Just as the bombers in Bali killing infidels is fine with lots of Muslim folks. It's all the same thing and it's just getting worse and worse."

I'll stand by that. I chose the words carefully. Killing muslims is fine with LOTS OF Christian folks (not all) and vice versa. I don't understand the strategy behind it but the Bali bombing targetted Westerners. It's all part of the global war on terror. The US is at war with Al Quaida (whatever that is) and the Indonesian Government has linked the bombings to Al Quaida through Jemah Islamiya.

MaiLuk said:

CW:

Who needs hard evidence and why do you demand such from a board member in an internet forum? I don't recall The US and it's allies having hard evidence of WMD before the Iraq war was launched. We allowed our leaders a free pass without repurcussions and we continue to do so.

CW is merely providing his very strong opinion on the matter, I don't recall him stating it as facts. You are allowed to have a very strong opinion in return but the demand for facts and statistics or such is really quite silly. I would counter with, where are your facts that his opinions are false or complete balderdash?

Wha I would like to see is people simply have an intelligent debate with him on the isses of Bali, Islamic extremism and the correlation to the Iraq war instead of attacking him. If you and others don't like his opinions then just ignore them.

But why is al quaida at war with the indonesian government? I don't know the answer maybe someone can explain it. It would be good to know what rationale these fuck wits use for setting off bombs while people are eating at a local seafood restaurant. And the bombers blow themselves at the same time so it must be something important in the view of their twisted brains.

Why should i ignore him i like looking at his opinions. Just didn't see the connection between iraq and the bali bombs. It may be nothing more than the idiots want to get control of indonesia and there is no connection. The debate is intelligent so far IMO.

Archived