Bullshit Voting...?

Old Hippie

Limbo,

I?m sure the only member in her family she told was an older sister. She also has a large posse of female friends who were more than willing to help her out.

The fact that most of the T&A pics were ranked higher gave her the motivation, at least in her mind, to level the playing field.

Here?s an excerpt from our chat on the subject:

I was terribly regret to see vote contest for our pic, they have to disqualify our pic already .right? Now i hve feeling guilty to did wrong and today i told all my friends to vote my pic,but the website..nana.. not accept my firends vote as all..(...PLEASE FORGIVE ME....The first thing I do not want u to be upset and hve feeling mad the men not vote to our nice picture. , now i hve feeling upset and hve guilty like this. VERY SORRY.

In fairness to her ?.she sent me this message just before I contacted her about the voting problem.

Who said Thai girls can never say they are wrong or use the word sorry!!! I think it was OH?.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"...Who said Thai girls can never say they are wrong or use the word sorry!!! I think it was OH?."

Yep it was me. Let me clarify, they can never say sorry or admit fault, and really, sincerely mean it. Usually it means "sorry I have to do this apology bit" or "Sorry I got caught..." Women...if it weren't for pussy, we'd hunt them as rodents...

In any event, she is not the only one disappointed by all the T+A shots, and the votes they got...next time tell her to show more...of course, the next contest is portraits, so we'll have more of the same...want to see how some guy is going to get a naked chick next to a spirit house though...though someone will try, and it will (sadly) receive high votes...there is just no respect for art and culture anymore...

Better look up the word "vindicated".

--------------------------------------

no need to, If you followed the contest discussions before, some were regretting that you put a sexy face or ass, and it gets to the top. Not this time (not so much before, either), so these people were vindicated. 'is what I meant.

OH and HH,

Must admit that this around I was with one pic in the T&A dept, and yes, it didn't do too bad, not great, but alas.

The other pic I like a lot but got real low votes, puzzles me a bit since it would fit a lot more into the "sophisticated" category, but I may be way off here and living in my own little dreamworld as you cruel guys demostrated with your votes.

However, my pics are taken with a simple digi camera, all I have, so don't expect any pix with well balanced lightning et all, just not possible (other than sheer luck). IMO these pix will probably make up the majority of pix on the board, since most of the guys on he board will have just cameras like that, which is fine by me.

Limbo,

There is no one more petty on this board than I am...well, one-two guys come to mind, but I digress...It is not that I don't like your T+A pics, or the other T+A Pics, (That would be gay :) ) but rather, I am disappointed that my entries are doing so poorly against them. It really comes down to jealousy, face, etc...

As for some of the photographic advice given on this board, I will point out, that non of these entries are text book perfect, not even mine (though they come the closest). As I have said a number of times, photography is a lot of luck,nothing more. Point and shoot cameras, greatly limit what you can do, and there is the issue of speed. SLRs out of the auto mode, require set up, and multi exposures to get it just right, and that takes time.

Most Point and shoot cameras may allow you to lock and exposure, but won't allow you to manually focus, making a shot like the sunset one difficult to get perfect (as in sharp focus on the background and subject), but non the less, it is a decent picture. All the other know it all crap you read about this tip and that tip, means NOTHING, it is just 1-2 guys opinions on things, nothing more.

While it is true, I am as close to perfect as a human can get (yes, I can walk on water, and heal the sick, when I am in a mood to show off), I have still yet to really master a camera and film/digital medium. I could show all the pictures I've sold, name the publications, awards and shows/gallerys where my art has appeared, but that really means nothing, it comes down to who likes what. So don't sweat it. :)

There are only a few guys one this board that I know of who are working photo journalists, and they never post pictures...in any event, the important thing to remember is, I am not gay, and I am always right. This was decided a month or so ago in a different forum/thread. So enjoy the photos, please post more, and above all else, remember, we are all one big happy, all be it slightly dysfunctional, family.

making a shot like the sunset one difficult to get perfect (as in sharp focus on the background and subject), but non the less, it is a decent picture. All the other know it all crap you read about this tip and that tip, means NOTHING, it is just 1-2 guys opinions on things, nothing more.

---------------------------------------------

Actually, the sunset shot does not need sharpness in all fields, usually only wide landscapes are preferrably to be sharp all over.

Know-it all, my eye. If you buy some electronics, there is nothing wrong in reading the manual explaining "how to" . It's like saying there are 2 opinions on how to program a VCR.

photography is a lot of luck

-------------------------------------

and work, while having an interest in the subject. Like learning thai. In one year, if one perserveres, one's photography gets better. And it's not just the mechanics, it's approaching the subject, make it work to the best of your intention. Photography being a profession, it certainly is not only a lot of luck

I could show all the pictures I've sold, name the publications, awards and shows/gallerys where my art has appeared, but that really means nothing, it comes down to who likes what.

------------------------------------------

well, whoever chose to publish or show it, it came down to that: they liked it. If it happens to you, I'll be happy for you, why belittle someone else's modest accomplishment.

If you are interested in getting better at photography, I encourage you to seek sites, clubs where the critical and supportive eye of others will help you improve very quickly. I wouldn't have made much progress without it, and mostly, would not know how much more I have to work at this passion to make it more than luck happenstance.

Archived