Bullshit Voting...?

Old Hippie

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Focus - hmmm - ever seen how much a sratchy black and white print by Joel Peter Witken goes for?

How about the out of focus shots by a number of famous art photographers.

Depends on the usage of the photograph, if to illustrate a specific object, focus is important, if not, but rather illustrate a issue, focus is not so important.

DOOG

yes, actually one of the problems with digital cameras, and modernized equipment is that many photographers, incl' photo-jounalists, use the automatic focus, so a new standard of perfect focus is creeping in, and a slightly, very slightly, unimportant lack of sharpness is seen as a fault. People see all these super-focused shots and find something amiss in others. I see this a lot around the web on photosites.

It's akin to music recording, splicing, editing bits of a live performance, rather than keeping the live feeling of the event, warts and all.

OK sorry, but since it's a game only, i bring another 2 satangs. Some pix are really "stubborn". For about 2 days, the tops stayed the same. then, there was some movement last night, basically as i saw it, on only a few pix. My doubts are that someone is holding some trump cards, and can readjust a pix he wishes not to lose its standing, more discretly than Uthai's TG of course (keeping friendly members on call? screwing with database?).

one shot, having many viewers and I assume many votes, still has the power to move along all of a sudden, though for 2 days, it had the same note. Then, it lost a seat, soon back again.

So, actually, my question is: wether it matters or not, do you think that the contest is a bit skewed by savvy pollsters?

I also noticed tha once i pretty much identified my pix published, it lost half a point in a few hours. The ransom of NP fame, I guess :D. No problem, it was not getting anywhere.

P,

I wonder where your post comes from.....

But I did not follow the pics on day to day basis and did not kept tap on the scores.

What I do know, is that KS does have a pretty good idea on all double posters, he knows all entries, and he can 'see' all votes as well.

Do you really think a participant will PM around to 'encourage' his friends to vote for pic so and so ?

I am convinced this does not happen.

BB

Archived