Angelwitch Witch

gummigut

I go there because while the shows are boring if you see them often (I go about once or twice a month) they ARE different than 98% of what's out there which is the mundane gogo bar shuffle. Least in Bangkok.

I also think that if anyone actually spends any time there, that you'll find at least one that will fit your bill (at least rank up there in standard gogo bar looks department) with regards to look. To say that none meets your look standards pretty much beggars belief.

The only caveat I'll add here is that the one's that most everyone likes tend to have an attitude.

As for drinks, I don't mind at all if a girl asks. Asking is their job. It's what they do if (which is almost always) I say, "No" that counts.

Hints about telling the aggressive one's no... Don't say no and look away quickly. Look them straight in the eye. Annunciate slowly and clearly that you are not buying them a drink and please go away. If they don't, ask for the mamasan. Mamasan/papsan's usually speak passable English and you can tell them the girl is bothering you. You want to enjoy the bar and buy a drink for a girl of your choosing and you do not appreciate the nag.

<<burp>>

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dude_Le_Rude said:

I kind of dig the uniforms... but after you have seen the shows more than once or twice, it is a bit boring. Last time I was there a month or so ago, it seemed that Angel Witch was making great efforts to find gals with the smallest breasts in the world. Cool if you like small titties, but... perhaps it was just the night I was there, or HOPEFULLY they have gotten some babes with bigger tits.

As for Mama Sans, in general, unless they do something VERY special for me, (like help me steal a babe from another guy before he barfines her--or telling me a girl is on the rag now-- go with her next time; or bringing a new girl to me who they know is my type) I never talk to them at all.

As a matter of general principle, I rarely buy drinks for them, rather, I tip them. I think most mamasans appreciate the cash tips more than the drinks, then they can go hassle someone else and make meaningless small talk. I know it is their job to beg for drinks and push people to pay bar fines... but if I am going to buy a drink for a gal, that means I want to (at least) feel her up while making small talk. :)

It is NICE that you teach the gals English. And if you ever get a gal who says:

'Please pay bar! We go boom boom in the room room, me do yum yum when the morning come cum--pay bar for me, please'

you will know I have fucked her and spent hours making sure she memorized that specific phrase. I have been teaching bargirls that particular sentence for 15 years! :: (In fact, any gal that ever says, PLEASE pay bar, was probably one of mine) then I tell them that all farang understand this, so they should always say it. Bastard that I am, indeed!!

:D

And I, for, one, am indebted to you. May I suggest some other lessons for the girls?

liquidflux said:

What is it about Angelwitch that people like so much? Every time I've been there the girls were average at best. And those uniforms they wear are just strange!

It's because it was once great (2001-2002) and, though it's now average, the memory and reputation of any place or thing takes much longer to disappear than the actual thing that first attracted you.

Also, the reputation it gained seems to have brought in a lot of those most unwanted of visitors - the Lonely Planet/I'm here to experience a "dangerously authentic" sexy show but I really disapprove of all these other dirty old men crowd. :down:

As I said, it was great in 2001/2002 before girls started to believe their own hype. I'd only go now to check (usually in vain) for my (and Gadfly's) favourite girl of those good times.

Note to original poster: pretending you don't understand a girl or mamasan goes a long way. ::

Guess I've just had bad luck with the place! I was there in 2001-2002. Those were some of my first trips to Thailand and I probably spent 75% of my time in the bars back then. If I remember right, even Voodoo and Carousel were hot.

Which one of the bars had the show with the girls behind glass, dancing under the water? Was that Angelwitch? I remember watching from a balcony area up above that I had to myself with about 5 other girls who weren't dancing. Those were the days........

Really? I don't remember Voodoo as being hot back then! For me, Voodoo's peak was 1995-1998 when it had hundreds of girls. Then it was my favourite. 1999-2000 was Rainbow 2.

The Lollipop location (whatever it is now, first left on the ground floor) first had the girl aquarium - around 1997-8? I think one or two others may have copied it too?

MaiLuk said:

I see alot of punters in there and the girls seem to wait for them to do something rather than the girls making the first move.

I've only had a few days in BKK(yet) but enjoyed Angelwitch a lot. Mainly because the girls didn't rush you but you have a chance to ask the girls serving to bring someone over - in my case a very cool looking girl with a fringe. She was rampant and a bit hyper but got me hooked. A couple of weeks later I BF'd her but was too drunk and nervous to bump uglies (well mine anyway).

Still like the place - even tried it on with other Mamasan :o she declined of course.

>Really? I don't remember Voodoo as being hot back then!<

2000, yes it was kind of OK, had a lesbian sex show and a few others that rival anything available today. With dildo's too.

Had quite a good atmosphere then. I just happen to remember because I socred my first (really, only ever) GF from there.

How far have they fallen, totally boring today.

I agree that the shows become a little boring after the first half-dozen shows, but what I like about Angel Witch is that in the weird world of bar girls and mongers, it is a "date spot." I would often pull the best-looking girl I could find out of one of the Rainbow bars and arrive there at 10PM for the show. The audience was full of such "couples," and there are often some real stunners in street clothes in there. I don't know about everyone else, but after seeing so many go-go girls nearly naked all night, when I see their hot little bodies in tight jeans and cute little top they seem hotter. As I am watching the show, I continually find myself scanning the audience and wondering where one girl or another works so that I can barfine her the next night. Watching their little bodies head for the toilets is a treat. The hot girls at Angel Witch are in the audience, albeit taken for the evening.

Archived