Stickman this week.

chuckwoww

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
chuckwoww said:
dean said:

I think if the guy had continued playing hard ball, the parents within a week or two, would have lowered their demands considerably. I don't think that they were going to get any counteroffers in the near future.

Right, but of course the guy is in a weak position from the get go. If he balks at the price he looks like a cheap Charlie. Or they say 'You no love daughter?'

And if they balk at his price they look like greedy bastards who couldn't give a shit about their own daughter when she has found herself a good man and a future. He could say, 'You no love daughter? You love money?' The money + the man is the package they and she are getting.

Of course, I wouldn't expect that logic to work on them...

Behind it all, the girl herself has some role to play in all this. Personally I think if such a girl really loves you, even if she's poor, she will help to resist her family's demands much more strongly. I know they get pressure and take a lot of shit but I've seen at least one resist it.

bibblies said:

Behind it all, the girl herself has some role to play in all this. Personally I think if such a girl really loves you, even if she's poor, she will help to resist her family's demands much more strongly. I know they get pressure and take a lot of shit but I've seen at least one resist it.

And he wouldn't be the first guy to start on a bad footing with his inlaws. :)

Pretty amazing story.

Interesting that this guy, who sounds reasonably good looking, well-groomed and obviously well off financially has taken such a lazy option to find a wife.

I read someone's post a while ago saying a lot of farang who come to Thailand and fall for bar girls and just kind of lazy when it comes to looking for partners. I think there is some truth to this.

very sad and only adds to the negatives of this country :rip:

and how stupid we farangs must look in their eyes.

I was at a party last night where mainly old, fat and bald farangs similar to this one were invited and I heard so many more bad stories and I am not in a mood to relate any of them :skull:

bibblies said:

Yep, so have I.

The word "Eloping" has a certain effect on the demands from greedy parents.

Hua Nguu

Archived