Stickman this week.

chuckwoww

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pattaya127 said:

The family did everything except hit him over the head with a bottle of Chang and lift his wallet

probably on their list if the first items did not work/

( and mite still happen if he wises up and lingers tooo long)

Me thinks Stick should pass on all of these comments to the lovestruck idiot. Evidently he is quite successful in his business, but is absolutely clueless in his personal life!

Its always amazed me how often regarding Thailand and Thai women especially that that seems to be the case? So often you see or hear of what appear to be intelligent, educated and successful farang men making total twats of themselves. When very often the guys who are far less successful in their home country don't seem to be so prone to the same mistakes. I can only assume its because they tend to be a bit more 'street wise' and used to living on their wits?

Simie

Maybe, but it sounds as though this guy has been living in an ex-pat bubble. I came here as an ex-pat over 10 years ago, and living in Bangkok was a very different experience then than it is now.

I can't believe the stupidity of a lot of guys but yet again i can.

For men in their forties in most western countries the options if single are diabolical.

What are you realistically going to get?

If you are lucky you might get a woman in her late thirties who is probably overweight and full of it. You will be rationed sex and if you happen to live with her and god forbid marry her she will get a large chunk of your cash.

Now a guy who goes to Thailand and sees what's available can go apeshit. He gets shagged senseless by a slim young beauty who seems very eager to please......for most guys it seems like the bargain of the century even if it is a couple of million baht. BTW This is chump change to professional working men.

So yeah i can fully understand why guys do it.

Personally I eould rather keep rotating girlfriends til the shelf life expires and do without the hassles.

Are the parents greedy?

I would say yes but also guys are very stupid if they don't realise they can bargain and in fact don't bargain.

The parents are treating it as a business deal and this is what the poor uninitiated farang fails to understand. He has to have the backbone to lay out his position and stick to his guns.

Who is in the driving seat?

The person with the cash , and given how many available attractive women there are in Thailand some guys really need to go back to study supply and demand curves.

I think i will look for a thai orphan if i ever decide to get married again which i sincerely doubt.

Who the hell would want to marry a girl who's family and her it would seem? regards the whole relationship as nothing more than a business deal for their benefit. I can't see any point in entering into a (hopefully?!) long term relationship on that basis. If you do ever decide to marry a Thai you don't need to find an orphan, just a girl who really does want to be with you and does'nt have a greedy money grabbing family. Contary to what some people think there are some of them about!

Simie

p.s. i must be in the wrong job if you consider 2 million baht to be "chump change"?

Archived