is it safe going solo

allatsea2000

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gotta love the enterprising little fuck machines. i may have to do a visa run once i move to BKK, how much to fuck these little bunnys? are they up to scratch or are they ugly?

This past July, I stayed at the Flamingos Hotel in Phnom Penh.

Excellent hotel with a great staff. Great location. The Flamingos Hotel has a fine restaurant and there are others within short walking distance. The Flamingos Hotel has a great bar and there are also other bars again within a short walk. The hotel can arrange any kind of transportation you desire.

I went alone as my regular traveling mate married a nice Thai gal this past summer.

I sat many an hour at the bar in the Flamingos Hotel and met some very interesting "international travelers". Internet is located right in hotel lobby. Nice touch.

Phnom Penh is as safe as can be using the same common sense one would use traveling in any city.

If you like shopping, then Phnom Penh is the best place. There are two major markets or shopping areas. One is a short walk from the Flamingos Hotel and the other is the "Russian" market (I think that was the name).

If you wear prescription glasses (as I do) there is a new Optical Shop a short walk from the Flamingos Hotel. I normally get my eye glasses in Thailand, but this trip I got them in Phnom Penh - for about half the price.

This was my first trip to Cambodia and plan another.

• 2 weeks later...

Been here nearly 4 years now and still no hassle. It's like anywhere in the world except the police here don't shoot tourists, don't do stupid things like hassle the locals when they're drunk as they can get a bit stupid.

Avoid the drunk backpackers as they think people won't take offence and smackem if they get out of line and so make an obvius target.

Avoid the FWC's on the dance floor as they really are FWC's and don't know what they are doing.

Avoid the motodops outside the walkabout hotel as they are ripoffs unless they know you really well. Walk up the street and find some better ones.

If you're in Phnom Penh drop by and see me, it's always nice to have someone new to drink with. Barry I'm either at DV8 or OneZeroFour

www.dv8-cambodia.com www.104-cambodia.com

• 4 weeks later...

All good advice. If you follow most of the advice you read you can't go wrong. My real reason for posting is because I would like to know if any members who posted a response or didn't post, are living in PP at the present time. I just left, or better put, escaped PP after living there for 2 years.

chicagogato said:

All good advice. If you follow most of the advice you read you can't go wrong. My real reason for posting is because I would like to know if any members who posted a response or didn't post, are living in PP at the present time. I just left, or better put, escaped PP after living there for 2 years.

It would be great to hear your story!

Archived