is it safe going solo

allatsea2000

hi guys, will be there in about ten days, still thinking of going to cambodia for about 5 nights, is it safe to go solo, or should i wait and go with someone else.

Also where is best to stay that is close to everything.

And how much is it to sample the afterdark delights.

Is it like bangkok, where you have go gos or freelance places

thanks for the info in advance guys

i might see some of u soon

and have a beer or two

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@aas2000

- there are no Gogos in PP

- there are either brothels or bars with regular staff and there are many freelancers

- While I only went with girls from Gogos in BKK in PP I picked up only freelancers from places like Sharkey's and Heart of Darkness

There is no problem to travel alone, if you follow some very basic rules:

: after dark take a cab or much cheaper a motodup. Best is to hire a motodup for the whole night. Take a driver who is recommended by or hanging around at your hotel.

: leave all valuables in the hotel safe, only take as much money as you plan to spend at night

: don't get so drunk that you will end lying in the street.

If you follow this very basic rules which apply to LOS as well (except the don't walk after dark rule) you will have a lot of fun.

You will have the choice between Khmer and Vietnamese girls. I only went with Khmer girls since they are my favorites, but you will find tons of Viets in places like Martinis. I am not sure if hte Viet girls are real freelancers or if there is a Mamasan in the background.

PP is changing constantly. Go to the known places first and then ask around...

Have fun. I didn't have the opportunity to go to Cambo this year and I miss it. ::

PS: there is thread on P4P places to go here in the forum.

:yeahthat:, although I have heard rumours that a gogo is open or about to open in PP.

It is certainly safe, as compared to when I was hanging out there in the mid-90s. Then it was few cars (even fewer wwith license plates), which were either LH or RH drive depending upon where they were stolen from (LoS or VietNam), electricity that never could stay on more than 45 min at a time, tracer bullets in the air a common sight, wandering into a place called "Kim Lee's Drinking Bar" (just in case you thought it may be a salad bar, I guess) and seeing carbines leaning against the bar with a bunch or drunk caucasian military types getting rowdy (won't ID the country) and immediately making it my local, the airport getting blown to shreads cuz there was more coup-type activity, etc., etc., etc.

Compared to that, it's boring now. Methinks PP has lost its charm LOL!

Cheers,

SD

Anyone know if Kim Lee's is still there? I seem to remember it on 63 St near 178 St or so. Had a barber shop & massage place attached (yes, of course full service -- ya think anyone really wanted a haircut? LOL)...

allatsea= PP is safe compared to any major city in the USA. For a heads up, just stay at the hotel I run and buy the old Git a couple of beers. :beer: We'll head you in the right direction (within a 100 meters of the hotel)

ok, ill bite, where is your hotel, do u have a website i can check out.

And by the way, i dont have any adversions to buying anyone a beer, but in the interest of good customer service, wouldnt you be buying your customer the first beer.

let me know more info and ill keep in touch.

Know one as of yet though has let me know any cost in comparison to thailand for night time fun.

thanks for the info

if it is easier to private me than thats fine.

Go and have fun.

In PP,

Hotels

If staying in PP you could stay at Cafe California 2 and talk to the owner Jim (book early they fill up) $15 for an OK room. He has traveled all over Cambo and is a wealth of information on much more then just the girl scene. He has two large photo albums of pictures from all his Cambo adventures.

If you want a very nice hotel for 5 bucks more stay at Her Royal Highness Hotel $20. Stay in the new part. I talked them down to $18. Very nice brand new hotel on par with what you get in BKK. Well maybe not on par but still very nice for the price. About two blocks from Cafe California 2

Night life,

Bars open and close so fast it is hard to keep up.

Sharkey's lots of Vietnamese

Martinis, I think they are now on their third location, had to move form the old one then lasted two weeks in the new one and moved again. Lots of Vietnamese and Khmer.

There are both FL and Momasons there. Watch out for the Momason who looks like she had a cheap face job done. She can be a bit pushy and one time I took two for LT but it turned into ST.

Also a deaf mute girl working there. At least she has gotten a lot more sutle compared to two years ago when she was doing hand signals while everyone watched showing me her rate for boom boom and yum yum. She in fact looked better this last trip then the year before. I bet she would be a very good time but I passed.

Then you have DV8, Rose bar, Saigon Broder (only Vietnamese), Shanghai club, Mikado club.

Sophies a dump. Walk up these stairs and knock on the door. I ordered a drink. Before they had time to pour it and give it to me I had two girls under the bar working me.

Le Cycrea (sp) much like Sophies.

Heart of Darkness a good disco full of FL

Several other discos but some are more for locals.

Then you have the massage places to top it off.

I will not go into the scummy areas as the above are scummy enough.

All that said I really like the place.

I also agree for some reason I love the Khmer chicks, often they are not as hot as the Vietnamese but some are just very nice I can't get enough (and that is not a problem in Cambodia).

Yes LaoHuLi where is your hotel? :)

bimmher

a2000

Always went alone to Cambodia and had a blast, late 9tees and a few year later.

Alway met people on the road and enjoyed Shinoukville, PP and Siem Reap the like.

Even had a good time in PoiPet.

Go and have fun and yes, do check out LaoHuli, his place is called Famingo hotel and he used to have a banner here on teh forum.

Yes LaoHuLi where is your hotel?

The Flamingos Hotel. On 172 St at 51. Across the street from Shanghai Bar, 1/2 block from Heart of Darkness (reopens in Dec) and from Walkabout. It's the punter's boutique hotel of choice in the middle of all the action.

www.flamingos.com.kh

Archived