Bank account in BKK

t-ride

Opening a bank account on the basis of a foreign passport with the free 30day tourist visa is still posible as of last week & quoted by bangkok bank suk branch near soi8. However as their system went down I never actually opened account yet :banghead:, but learned the hard way that only selected branches will do this(main branch or tourist area?) & others will tell you this was forbidden by law back in year 2000!!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I simply updated & verified what you stated - its the other punks who stand corrected and err remarried whatever :drunk:

To recap: if any branch refuse to open savings account without work permit simply head to main branches at suk/silum. E.g. bkk bank suk soi8 is a well proven branch by now(head upstairs for new accounts) :up:

ib13: Thx for the recap ;) and btw do you think it will a problem to open 2 separate accounts under my name ?

I already wrote down that address and I will go there during my next trip which may happen next month if I can convince my boss that taking 3 weeks off in december wont put a delay in the project (which is definitely not true) :)

Thx again everyone for your help.

• 3 weeks later...

In Bangkok Bank in Pattaya I opened 3 accounts simultaneously, in joint and single names. Visa cards given which work internationally (not credit cards), but no internet. Now I have a "B" visa, I may be able to convince them.

Off to Siam on Monday to open another account - maybe they will give me an internet account.

I opened a bank account in September with Kasikorn Bank in Pattaya with internet facilities on a tourist visa. You have to find out which banks do as some don't.

But Yes it can be done.

I had to go down to Immigration in soi 8 where they checked my passport and i had to get a photo and then the immigration guy signed a letter that the bank gave me. I did use a Thai address but it can be where really as they dont check it. It took me a couple of hours all up.

I finally got my "B" Visa and am also about to open a local Bangkok account. This thread answered most of the questions I had, but I would like to know if there are any particular banks to avoid; that people have had bad experiences with, or just the opposite; banks that you might particularly recommend.

Archived