Bank account in BKK

t-ride

I opened a savings account with the Kasikorn bank about two years ago out in the province (Udit) and they told me themselves that I was not supposed to have the account but they gave it to me anyway, I just showed my passport, allthough I had my wife with me and could offer an address in Thailand. No problems there, main reason I have this account is for when I come home I just load it up and use my kasikorn atm card just as if I was here in Aus...

As far as what you intend with your wifes situation that sounds great, If I was to give my wife a fair sum of money p/month she'd ring to me in around a weeks time and give me all sorts of shit about this and that and how she needs more cash. I have my account(transaction account) with my ATM card linked with another account (savings) I have another card for that account which she has. Once a week or for emergencys I jump on the net or just ring up telephone banking and over the phone transfer the money from my transaction account to the savings account she uses and she can access it straight away. it costs me around $5.AU each transaction but there is no percentage of the amount transferred so it's good and it works.

FA...

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived