Bank account in BKK

t-ride

Hello,

I'd like to open two bank accounts with ATM cards (one for me and one for the TGF) in a BKK bank but I would like to be able to manage them through Internet.

As I'm not living in Thailand, I want to be able to give a quick look once in a while to what's happening to the money on these accounts.

The basic idea is to transfer a sufficient amount of money for my next trips to one of the account so I can use the associated ATM card when I'm in Thailand but I also want to be able to transfer money from that account to the one for the TGF every month.

I dont want to put too much money on her account in one time and see it spent in less than 15 days.

So basically I need advices on choosing a well established bank in BKK that provides services through Internet and that will allow me to open 2 different accounts under my name.

Thanks in advance for help.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bangkok Bank or Siam Commercial Bank have probably the best internet banking. I do pretty much what you want to do with Bangkok Bank.

Some branches sometimes depending on the whim of the staff won't give you internet banking without work permit. I got mine several years ago at the branch at Sukh Soi 8, I had no work permit, just a non-Imm visa. You have to try.

Thx for your feedback iuytrede.

I just checked the bangkok bank website and it's clearly stated that to open a saving account you need to long-term visa and a work-permit. They only propose a non-resident baht account as alternative which clearly doesnt fit my needs... too bad.

I just gave a quick a look at siam commercial website but it's not clear; I will check again tomorrow.

I actually dont need an ATM card that I can use outside Thailand...

If I cant get the Internet banking feature, do you guys know if it is possible to create an automated transfer of a fixed amount of money every month from one account to another ?

It is of course possible here so it could be a workaround for me...

Thanks for your help

Nervous_Dog: I will anyway give it a try during my next trip

2 years ago I opened an account with internet access at Siam Commercial Bank . You only need a passport for id and an address in Thailand, 500 Baht to open account. You'll have to go to the main branch though. Services on the net include:

- Balance Inquiry

- Fund Transfer

- Stop Cheque

- International Fund Transfer

- Bill Payment

- Investing with SCB Asset is Convenient through ? SCB Easy Fund?

- Shopping Online via SCB Easy Pay.

Archived