I am freaking about about stds

HIV would not show itself within a week, in fact you need a month or so for the antibodies to show. I think a simple cold picked up on the plane on the way home is much more likley to be your problem. Go see your doctor is the best advice I can give you.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pe7e said:

HIV would not show itself within a week, in fact you need a month or so for the antibodies to show. I think a simple cold picked up on the plane on the way home is much more likley to be your problem. Go see your doctor is the best advice I can give you.

Thanks, I hope so. Problem is, I usually get 1-2 colds a year and this is my second in a month.. I came down with one 4 weeks ago in London (the day after Prague an 2 days before Amsterdam.. grr), which more or less cleared up.. Now I've been back (in Sydney) a week and I have some bug suddenly making me unwell..

Either way, this is the kind of scare that could put me off working girls forever..

keith doug said:

think i will stay in lock the door and read play boy mag,,, sounds a lot safer!!!

Definitely , but you can risk harder than Playboy!

Went to the Dr tonight who thought my symptoms were too early but wants me to get a full check in the morning.. Will screen me for HIV, hepatitis and the full spectrum of knob-rot causing diseases.

If I get the all clear, once I get over the scare, I'll probably be back in a few months.

Had the blood test today.. The symptoms are clearing up and it's still less than 2 weeks since possible exposure so that's a good thing.

I had to take a form from the Dr listing the things I was being tested for to the pathologist wh was a hot your woman.. Most embarrassing...

I also had to give a urine sample, which was hard as it was early in the day, just after leaving home, and it was 30deg c so I was a bit dry.. An hour and a half and a litre of fluids later, I just managed to pee in the cup.

Now I'm waiting with trepidation for the phone call to visit the surgery for the news..

At the moment, if he says I have the genital warts virus and nothing else, I'd be delighted.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally plucked up the courage to get my results and, happily, all negative.. No HIV, chlamydia, gonorhoea, syphilis, hep b/c.

So tonight I borrowed a Thai language course from the library so I can better prepare for my next trip

Archived