Wife allowance?

paul101

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SoiCowboyTony said:
ChristianTroy said:

Bringing food on the table is the job of the husband!

What planet are you from? The woman's job is to put the food on the table, or better yet, bring it from the table to my easy-chair. My job is to work the remote control and watch TV. ::

Hahaha

okay you beat on that one, I should have said !food to the doorstep!! From there it is her respüonsibility ;)

I have never understood this money, your money situation in a marriage. Even though my wife does not earn an income, we have joint accounts and everything we spend is a joint decision. I will say, I know a number of married couples that keep it separate and in most cases it seems to work for them.

TH

ThaiHome said:

I have never understood this money, your money situation in a marriage. Even though my wife does not earn an income, we have joint accounts and everything we spend is a joint decision. I will say, I know a number of married couples that keep it separate and in most cases it seems to work for them.

TH

Same here.

Our money, our decisions, our responsibility ...

Works fine.

Depends what you are talking about. I pay the rent and utilities. We both pay for food. But I pay for my clothes and she pays for hers. She makes a good salary for a Thai -- say around 25,000 baht a month. If she gets her next promotion, she'll be making over 30,000. I don't ask her what she does with it, and she doesn't ask what I do with my salary.

p.s. She has bought a car and two houses on her own.

ThaiHome said:

TH

As my wife does not have a job yet, she were attending school when she got pregnant, I am the only one with an income. Of that income she gets an amount each month which is hers only in order for her not having to ask me for money. It would make it an dependent relationship. I pay the bills we have and then we share what ever is left in what you call joint decision.

When she earns her own money we would build our financial future together and I have no plans on my money and your money.

This should have been sorted out long before you got married.

I'm not married but I live with a girl. Before moving in together we had a sit down and went through what expectations we had from each other and one of those was financial.

I pay the bills for where I live but I would have to anyway even if we were not together. Her expenses are hers and remain that way. Some other bills / expenses we share, some equal, others not.

Unfortunately, I think this is a very significant problem, or can become one, if the two people cannot work out some realistic arrangement, not merely the higher earner proving "extra" money for spending !

wife allowance

look at what she need's add 25% and if she' not happy allow her to fuck off...

some situations are different and some people just don't have the capacity to handle more cash than they are accustomed to.

I give my wife 25000+ per month not including phone bills and other things like motor bikes, partys, shopping trips in BKK when I get home. Overall she does pretty well, she allways want's more but guess what.

The more I give the more she will allways want, seems to be the nature of the beast (low educated country gal) and there will come a point where you will if you live in a remote area with little farange habiting that you will lose face for being stupid enough to give way to much money, when that's common knowledge then all the poor boys may suddenly find her all the more attractive(cash source).

make sure she has no bills on top of at least 50% more than she's capable of earning,that should be good, in your siuation where you live apart tell her you are using any surplus to form some sort of retirement so you can settle in Lieland one day ar at least settle there a little earlier...

If your level of living is about the same, no money to her. But you should offer to help take care of the family, even if only a little bit. Marriage is about love to everyone, but money is a part of it for Thais.

My wife's best friend said to her: better to marry poor man who will give you all his money than rich man who will not. Her friend pretended to be my wife in an email to a farang (mutual friend) to decieve him of 40,000 baht. That was my chance to get her friend out of our life and my wife away from that type of influence. My wife is a much better person when away from "Thai" peer influence.

As I told my wife before marrying her: I am not a rich man in my country nor a man of luxury. I will make sure she has everything she needs and some of what she wants. Needs and wants are at my definition and discretion since it is my money.

I give her 5000 Baht a month (via atm card with sister in Thailand, I control deposits and money available) to help her family in Thailand and pay a couple bills (insurance and "chair") for her. Otherwise, she has some spending money here in USA and I pay everything else. She doesn't have a life of luxury in any sense but is "comfortable".

She isn't working but will soon in the USA. At that point, she can send her own money home to family as she sees fit and supply her own spending money. I will still provide life's essentials and force her to save money and maybe pay a utility bill or two, just to keep her "honest".

U2B

Archived