Wife allowance?

paul101

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Men who give women money just for being with them are sad. You actually encourage the kind of behaviour where you will get screwed by a girl because the relationship becomes one of dependence instead of one of friendship.

if she needs to be paid to be with you then get rid of her...end of story

emmitt-

Reread the first post.

She is NOT with him.

She is in Thailand. He is in the UK.

Yet she "seems to expect an income for extra spending power......" although their incomes are roughly equal given the different countries.

It sounds like he is paying for a lot of things already so now she wants more and I guess that he is conisdering it.

A very bad sign...

Hard question to answer really!

I think both, Stickman and Saudam have hit it most likely,however, marriage is about compromise and mixing love and money! My biggest fear about my wife is she will waste all my money too! I fear giving her control of any portion of it for this fact! This thing called Nam jee is in direct opposition to creating a viable savings plan for most thai girls!

The only thing that really ever has helped me in understanding normal TG in any "real" sort of way was the book, "Thailand Fever" the Thai Western relationship book! Our culture is so different and understanding is so unbelievably hard even the small things help, as this book did! One simple fact...Thai people wrap money and love together! You buy her gifts, give money, take care of the family because you love her. If you fail to do this...you will always have problems in your relationship to a gtg or normal non bar girl! I am not taking about bar girls here!

SkiBum

Kinda,

I still whore around with BG! I love the idea of fucking a girl for money it's so sleazy! I, however, have tried to change my views on normal TG as being worth more! They really are, worth more, that is- they show a truer version of what alot of us like and want more of! Alot of the growing seperation I've had with the nightlife from the massive amounts I'm prone too is due to this! The girls in the nightlife allow you to fuck them silly for a price- I've finally grown to desire more! I still want the fuckfest and have it but want something more real! I've talked alot before about the duality of most men and their desire...have your cake and all that! Find a girl who makes you happy when your not fucking the hell out of her, naive, sexy and loads of personality and have a Mai noi or free time to fuck BG and you'll be living my life!

SkiBum

Question for you...

Joint accounts with money made before you got marry or joint accounts with access only to money made after marriage..

Sure is a dicey one is if one has millions (of dollars) in liquid assets and wish not to contaminate funds meaning access to monies legally...

My own take is one should do everything legally to protect assets made before marriage just strictly from a sound financial decision. Love does not enter into this type of decision nor does it say one loves more or less....

CB

cardinalblue said:

Question for you...

Joint accounts with money made before you got marry or joint accounts with access only to money made after marriage..

Sure is a dicey one is if one has millions (of dollars) in liquid assets and wish not to contaminate funds meaning access to monies legally...

My own take is one should do everything legally to protect assets made before marriage just strictly from a sound financial decision. Love does not enter into this type of decision nor does it say one loves more or less....

CB

You make some very good points, and to be honest there is some retirement funds that my wife does not have access to, though she does have knowledge of them. My point was, for me, there is no way I could put my wife on an salary like some have mentioned here. Now there is probably a fine line between an allowance or salary and trying to maintain a budget that benefits the joint goals. Also, for the guys with wives in Thailand while they work in Farangland it gets to be an even finer line.

TH

TH,

I have no idea how thai laws work on this but in america, if you have say 100k (whatever amount you have) in any type of account (stock, retirement, 401K, money market, etc) and you continue to contribute to that same account after you get married, she has legal right to claim half of that money even though you earned it before you got married. I believe the legal term is "contamination" so therefore it is no longer protected and she doesn't even have to have her name on it as long you got married and she or you wants to get a divorce. Just bad news! The only way to protect yourself is not to add or modify that account from day one of your marriage so therefore it is left uncontaminated and protected and thus separate from her legal claim should things go south...

CB

Archived