Yahoo+ Trillian really pissing me off...

Old Hippie

Without any details a firewall is generally the first place to look if you're having a problem with a program that requires an Internet connection and in the case of chat software needs to act as server. Ya need to provide some details, error messages, timed out connections, something unless you're just wanting to whine like a 5 year old who can't get his candy.

I pretty much want to whine like a 5 year old here...basically, It was just saying Cannot connect to yahoo...

Niow, i called the ISP, they told me to shut off the virus guard, reload Yahoo, I did, Yahoo worked...Now Norton is fucked up...Try to reload Norton, and now it won't go, uninstalled yahoo, Norton still won't go... The ISP tech says "remove Norton from the registry, and then reload...Hey, they won't tell me how, and Dell wants $100 Fuck this! I am pissed, neither side will gaurantee me results, but wants money for what is maybe nothing...looking through books now...Oh, Dell is blaming spyware as well...wants to sell me some package for $239 a year...

Shutting off virus guard means just that, go to Norton's maon window and turn off virus protection.

Now if you removed the software from your pc via Windows control panel you are in for a hard time, Norton leaves traces in Documents and Settings, under Program Files at several places (shared and Symantec or Norton) and the registry.

No way to re-install Norton unless you are able to delete all that shit. I threw Norton to the bin, get yourself a decent AV package...

Archived