Toughest TV Cop??

Dude_Le_Rude

Cent said:

Dude,

I think the problem I had with Kojak is I could never get past seeing him as "Maggot", the role he played in the Dirty Dozen movie. He played that part so well that it kind of typecast him in my mind forever. Teddy Savalis.

Cent

as an homage to his Dirty Dozen role, Kojak would often call perps 'maggots' :: Telly, baby.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude,

I remember many years ago being in Germany with some drinking buddies of mine (we were there for the beers, a drinking holiday of sorts with some history thrown in) and we were visiting this town that has the last remaining original walled fortifications in the country. It was a cool rustic town with many nice pubs/brewhouses. Outside the town a ways was a brewery that also was a guesthouse. Nice rooms. They had a common room with TV and a huge beer machine built into the wall by the TV. The name of the brewery and their beer as well was "Landweir" or something like that. Means "Land War" I was told. Well, this beer was some of the best I had ever had (and being a Yank that doesn't take much, but this beer was awesome and potent). We bought quite a few of these large bottles from the wall machine and proceeded to cop a very nice buzz. What we loved was that Kojak was on the TV, in German. Funniest damn thing to hear Kojak mouthing off to the perps in German. We took to imitating Telly and laughing our fool heads off. Quite the headache the next morning I remember. :D:beer::rolleyes::up::topic:

Cent

Archived