education and work for thai girls

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lapaz,

I'd suggest you get her into a school for some training in a specific area where she can work to gain on the job skills that will help her later if she ever goes abroad to work (with you or without you). Hotel management, chef, IT, whatever interests her most and/or she has some minimal skills already doing. First off though would be getting her a high school diploma if she hasn't one. And also English classes if her English is not up to the task. The class thing? I don't think so for most jobs. I know many ladies from Surin who work in decent jobs around the country in different areas. They seem to have little problems if they are qualified in their field.

Are you working in BKK yourself? Is that why you want her to work in Ratchada? It would be cheaper for her to live in Surin and get her schooling done in Surin, also living expenses are less.

Cent

Im living in Melbourne and she still lives in Ratchada, near Robinsons and Carefour if you know the area.

Shes already done an english course and it did the world of good, I have a job here in Australia all set up for her but in the mean time she wants to help out with some money.

She bought a motor cycle off her uncle and wants to pay for it herself, she organized a payment plan with him, she will be giving him 1200 bht a month for the next 3 years, its a new bike so Im not sure if thats a good deal or not.

Hi TM,

I am in a similar situation to yours.

There's nothing out here on the beach to make money for the gf and we are too far from the beach (400m) to open a small shop. Thus I prefer we enjoy our time toghether rather than she being away most of the day. I don't give shit for the 5kb she could make.

But she attended tradional thai massage at a local temple and she has an agreement with a massage place on the beach, just a phone call away and 5 minutes to get there. The reality of that seemingly easy job is that it is physically very tiring, considering the power you need to apply massaging a person.

After a two hours working session she comes home exhausted and she did refuse to get down there many times, feeling too tired from the previous job. But it gives her a good feeling to make a few 100 baht from time to time.

Prices for everything have gone up. I live in Pattaya and I see it almost every week, something or other going up in price.

Flash made a good point about restaurants. Significant increases of late which has made life more difficult for my girls (normal dish before Bt20 now Bt35 to 90 - I'm serious !). Profiteering is obvious but they have to eat. I tell them to eat before they come to work and take advantage of the market prices rather than buying high street stuff.

And at the other end, the tourists don't want to accept any increase in beer prices. They don't care if the meal they bought last year at Bt300 is now Bt450 but they will go crazy if you add Bt5 to the price of a bottle of beer.

Many still come to LOS thinking it is a cheap place to have a holiday. Is can be, but for 99.99% it is not.

Archived