My Mate Living Thailand

zob65

Bloody hell... wish him luck, as its bastard hard to stay motivated proffesionaly! I convinced my boss two years ago to let me work in Thailand, as most of my work is via email i can work anywhere i chose. having said that, I should have been sacked 1 year and 11 months ago! Im on my 5th 'final second chance' and as a result have just relocated to BKK to start fresh - i lived in Samui before. I figure getting away from my mates, the locals, the pool nights and the numerous birthday parties will help me focus more. Its just so bleeding hard to get motivated out here! For me, there are too many distractions; 'i'll just watch this film then crack on' or 'i'll just nip out for one singha and come back'. Funny, cos i have allways been a grafter, but out here i just cant be fuckin arsed... i could double my current sallary just by putting a solid 10 our day in, but never have. Hopefully, a fresh start here in bangers will change all that.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Batty. Obviously you've been working from home where there are plenty of things more appealing to do than actually work. A small serviced office space would probably help you get out of the house and would provide an environment with less distractions during the day. I know I couldn't work from home. Chok dee.

Munchmaster - yep, thats on my list of things to do; look for a small serviced appartment. I worked from home in England for a year, and when business picked up i moved into a small serviced office and found i worked harder and was far more productive. Much of it is down to 'feeling' like you are at work, like the difference between going to work suited up or working at home with nout but a pair of boxers on and my beer gut hanging out, as i am now! Its a mental thing, i suppose.

Either that or im a lazy fucker making excuses.... :sleeping:

Hi Batty,

I contacted this site as well, as I may need a serviced office in Bangkok next year for a few months and have just had a phone call from them. They required some more details in order to give me a fixed quote but they did advise that the smallest one person office they have is Bt.28,000 per month including all standard services.

A bit more than Bt.6,000!

Cheers.

Hi Munchmaster. I went to see them yesterday and yes they are well out of my price range also. Cracking office suites though.

She did tell me that they are in the process of making 'boothes' however; basicly consits of one large office that twenty people have the key to, consisting of small desks with screen partitions. These will cost around the 6K mark. Not bad for nipping in and out, but couldnt spend an entire working day in one.

Cheers

Batty

"who proved the 'p4p is cheaper than a gf/wife' wrong since last?

I think noone

Fair tip though "

That might hold true in the West with all the alimony issues but not much in Thailand.

U have a girl move in , you support her and if U're lucky or picky enough her family is doing fine by itself. Otherwise get them all wacked, cheaper and more satisfactory if they're a bunch of beggars. Otherwise send some bucks over , if they cost you too much and U think it's not delicate to shower an upcountry family with benzine and set it on fire than get rid of the girl. U can find better in BKK.

When U or she gets bored, she gets out of your place than U just move to a fresher model. Alimony is settled by her going to blow others' dicks, cheaper than daily P4P especially if it's associated with partying in BKK. GF helps to calm down, sweet well mannered BKK hos!!

Anyway if U into it and can afford it, BKK will allow you lots of STs besides your regular. Awesome place!!

Archived