passport

allatsea2000

What Dogy sez is true, but if you are a "bad luck follows you" kinda guy, if a copper stops you that last day and see you are in overstay, you *will* go to jail.

The proper way would be to go to the immigration office on Soi Suan Plu and get an extension of stay for B1900. Or change your plane ticket to one day earlier.

Not being a downer or a Goody Two Shoes, but you need to know all the components so you can make an informed decision.

Cheers,

SD

I rang the immigration once, got a very good english speaking lady who explained the above for me, and also the choice I had, final word of her - "Why you come here and waste money? Just go airport, cost you nothing, no waste time, have fun"

I immiadiately offered to marry her but she claimed to be already taken.

DOG

Guys, how recent is this 2 day "exclusion zone"??

Jan 2004 I got pinged for 2 days overstay...400 Baht

Mickey Mouse stamp in my passport noted with fine amount, so it was genuine.

To the OP

Seeing Dec 5 is a Public Hol, I would tend to "take the chance"

If anything was to happen (which is very remote) you could explain that when you realised (on Dec 5) you went to Immigration to fix it up, but it was shut for KIng's birthday.

I reckon a Grey one would probably fix it under those circumstances.....but it is a risk...the Immigration Monkey House would not be a nice place to visit !!

Maybe the guys can give a more up to date situation and evaluation of "Risks" If it was me, I'd probably opt for the 200 Bt at the Airport and spend the other 1700 Bt on my last night as a contribuion towards a sick Buffalo's Vet bill...LOL..

Good Luck

ok oh wise ones, seems it is a split decision although i dont know which way.

Any of you guys, know of imigration office in pattaya, that i can maybe call.

On the subject i was at the big c yesterday and called into an office that handled singarpore airlines, when i asked the guy about my predicament he said the same as nervous just go to airport and pay 200 baht, when i asked him if there was a certain number of days lee way for this to apply, he did not know.

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys, just to add to or clear things up, i went to the immigration office in pattaya, it is the first side street on the left hand side as you go up soi 8 from the beach road.

Spoke to the boss of the department, and he told me to pay 200baht on departure for my one day overstay.

I asked if that was ok, or should i extend(pay 1900baht)for visa, he said if i did that i was baa(crazy)no problem just pay 200baht one day is ok.

so thats it in a nutshell.

Archived