End of year comp - What do you suggest

Nervous_Dog

OK - as seen in some other threads we have some good prizes on order, and I'd like to spread them around a bit if I can.

Rather than give everything to the winner, I think we have enough to offer 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes.

SO - Theme or Themes for end of year.

I say themes as one early suggestion was the best entered photo all year, but we could make that "The funniest" "The Sexiest" whatever - up to you guys.

Judging will be as usual, UNLESS you want a panel of judges, I can get some Pro's to judge by distance, and I of course researve the right as organiser and prize donator to judge if you want one.

Personally I don't think we need that, we've all made very good decisions, non that disagree with so far!

So - Suggestions gentlemen, and please keep it civil!

DOG

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A blue wombat!

OK - End of year comp - a series of Photo's.

How about we have a few prizes?

I'll donate the good bottle of tequila to the photo in the galleries (all sections) that is the best photo of a "???".

Suggestions on a theme that we can search through the galleries for.

Also has to be taken by the gallery poster.

I'd like to see us do something to those people like OH BB 127 and other who have a number of pictures up in the galleries as well as entered them into competition.

DOG

I like the idea of the contestant entering 4 or 5 photos that he/she considers to be their best/most artistic pics, i.e. a mini portfolio. Any subject allowed, provided it has some connection to Thailand, it may be wise to exclude pics of pretty girls to prevent it being turned into a glamour contest. If/when this goes ahead I will put a new genuine ellesse watch up for as prize. As for the judging I don't care how it is done provided it is fair to all entrants, but I think the more people entering and/or voting the fairer it would be. If it is judged by a single professional, bias is quite likley to occure

Could you set up each entry as a separate competition, the 4/5 pics get voted on as they do now, the winner being the one with the highest total score for the pics entered. To make it fairer to all contetants, it would be a good idea to divide the total score by the number of voters 'for that particular entrant', that way an entrant would not be disavantaged if some voters missed voting on his entry

Archived