Are you an alcoholic?

yfs

Big_Kahuna said:

Well, that wasn't necessarily directed at you, it was at the guy who thought I was being a smart-arse. I'm constantly amazed when people think I'm joking and I'm not.

No worries. Had I noticed to whom you were replying, I would not have misunderstood.

I took your suicide comment which I mistakenly thought was to me as a joke, as was my quip about it. :beer:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StaggerLee said:[/b

"...Am I an alcoholic"?

If how you described yourself is true, then yes you are an alcoholic. I am too. Sober for over two years now. I had the same experiences and desires that you wrote of. Being sober and going out is not as exciting as drinking and going out but I save a lot of money, not to mention I lose a lot less money. I'm not worried, since I no longer drink, but if I diid drink... :drunk:

My recent reason for abstaining from drink is different than in the past. I gained quite a bit of weight from too much beer, a lack of exercise, and taking in 2,000 + calories a day in alcohol. With a bit 'o luck, the motivation to return to my slender shape will be stronger than my cravings for alcohol. :: I am exercising more, trying to shape up and slim down, and hopefully remain on the straight and narrow.

I'm constantly amazed when people think I'm joking and I'm not.

You recommended that the guy either take a certain action, or "kill himself".

By calling you a "smart arse", Carew66 was giving you the benefit of the doubt. Who'd have thought you were a sociopath?

Not being a doctor, I don't know what your problem is. I can only confirm that you are posting like a complete asshole! ::

PS. I enjoy abusing alcohol myself.

PPS. Not people though, especiallly women.

Not an alcoholic, but desperately addicted to nicotine, had to draw a line in the sand and give up the booze because one drink seems to equal an unyielding craving for a butt. I can go weeks without smoking and not miss it. As soon as I have one drink in me I start making excuses for a smoke.

No more drink.

Getting drunk drove me agressive and rather sad in my earlier years but now mostly loving it. Unfortunately not very good for work and waistline so need to keep it under control.

Went to the pub (La brasserie actually :: ) this evening and was way drunk after 3 Carolus... sure it means going through a low booze season...

People do ravage themselves with acohol though, some very sad cases around.

Archived