Haggis

The_Munchmaster

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Falang said: Never taste haggis but thank to the Scots who are making this god beverage call scotch single malt. My favorite are Lagavulin, Bowmore and Laphroaig. Do you know if they are available in Bangkok?

Falang, you have very good taste in whisky, although I'm a bit surprised that you like Laphproaig as it is definitely an acquired taste. All these whiskies are from the island of Islay (pronounced Eye-la), the whisky lovers Mecca, and so you should definitely try Ardbeg (very similar to Lagavulin but a bit more powerfull) and Caol Islay which is much lighter but also very good.

It's highly unlikley that you will be able to get them in Bangkok except perhaps by the glass in a whisky or cigar bar in one of the upmarket hotels, where they'll be very expensive.

Actually Lagavulin and Ardbeg are so popular these days that they can sometimes be hard to find anywhere. Having said that 10 yo Ardbeg is available in a lot of duty free shops, but I much prefer the 17 yo, and a friend told me that an 18 yo Caol Isla was available in Dong Muang duty free last week.

The other two Islay malts, still in production, are Bruichladdich and Bunnahabhain, neither of which I've tried. However that will all change in a few months time as I am planning a visit to Islay with Candyfloss in September.

• 1 month later...

Munchy I dont get it, How can you have your haggis with neeps? Do you go and eat it by the sea side? neeps being no tidal movement?

Oh and Munchy can i have my Laphproaig with soda please, Like our puffy sleave shirt wearer friend gave me at Xmas?

Very aloy!

zob65 said: Munchy I dont get it, How can you have your haggis with neeps? Do you go and eat it by the sea side? neeps being no tidal movement?

Eh? What? ::

zob65 said: Oh and Munchy can i have my Laphproaig with soda please, Like our puffy sleave shirt wearer friend gave me at Xmas? Very aloy!

Laphproaig with soda! :cussing::boxing::cussing::boxing:

Neaps is the word used to when there is no tidal movement on certain phases of the moon and hense good for diving and fishing in certain areas.

I will just stick to my Black sodas, my haggis munching, Kilt wearing friend I would nae want to cause any trouble in the camp, but this rule is subject to change at DC's place when he runs out of black!

zob65 said: Neaps is the word used to when there is no tidal movement on certain phases of the moon and hense good for diving and fishing in certain areas.

Neap tide

A tide that occurs when the difference between high and low tide is least; the lowest level of high tide. Neap tide comes twice a month, in the first and third quarters of the moon.

Maybe they should print warnings on the back label of the bottle, something like:

Do not mix this whisky with anything but fecking water, and while we are at it, drinking a full bottle of this stuff and driving thereafter may cause roundabouts to become invisible and cause you to total your nice new Landrover Discovery.

Archived