Pound for pound what's country's passport gets....

whcouncill

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh yes i forgot about those. you might have a point. but i was thinking maybe that they might need visas in adavance to enter central american countries. i forgot about canada too. i was saying the uk beacuse they have the commonwealth thing going for them. you might be right though. paz.

Hi!

I learned on my first trip to SEA in 1982 that a Swedish passport did great. Of course most people down there don't know the difference between Sweden and Switzerland so their passports should be should be equally good.

I have notices that former British colonies like NZ might have to bear the weight if their former colony masters. I have also noticed that American passports are not anywhere near as popular as the holders think.

The best passports in SEA must be from small European countries that nobody has heard of down there .

regards

ALHOLK

As far as visas go, kiwis do a lot better than Aussies. When I was travelling thru Eastern Europe, I needed a visa for almost every country, and my passport was scrutinized at every border crossing. Americans didn't even open theirs, only showed the cover (not exaggerating!). Pretty sure brits get similar deal to aus, not sure on EU countries.

I'd guess US, Canada, NZ get the most "free entries".

Based on own travelling experiences, especialy when travelling with nationals holding a differant passport I would Say UK Passport offers entry to more places visa free / visa on arrival.

UAE 60 Days on Arrival

Kuwait 30 Days (not sure if still valid few years since last time there)

Oman 30 Days on Arrival

Qatar 30 Days on Arrival

Bahrain 70 Days on Arrival

Sillypore 30 Days

Malaysia 30 Days

South Korea 90 Days

Now whether one would want to visit some of the countries is a differant matter entirley

I'll stand by my US passport. If I'm not mistaken, the bar code reads, "We'll kick your ass if you don't grant our citizen passage, or at least we'll try.", or something to that effect.

Seriously, I wish I'd followed through on my Irish passport application so many years ago. My bro and sis got theirs, then my dad lost his birth certificate or something. Still, it could have been done. :(

As a USA citizen, the USA passport does OK.

I have seen the Irish passpor do better.

Often when a visa is required, as for China, a USA citizen gets charged a pile of $$$!!!

Note, the Japanese to go Chine, free...so if the USA would have killed millions as the Japanese did in WW II, then we would not have to pay for a visa???

Actually, the USA charges a pile of $$$ to the Chinese when they get a visa to go to the USA, so it is "tit for tat".

But, my better 2/3's is Japanese, so I know for a fact that she needs no visa (hence, no $$$) to go to China.

re Irish passport

I have an Irish Passort in addition to my US one. I heard that the program to grant Irish passports to people who are not direct Irish (ie thru a grandparent)is going to end soon. Might want to check it out on the internet to see if you can still qualify. Your dad's birth certificates should be fairly easy to obtain if that is the only hangup.

To get back on topic I have never had any problem with either of my two passports. I haven't traveled the mid east much though.

Archived