weather here is giving me a cold !

Neo

Hi!

And by the way, catching a cold due to being exposure to cold weather has been debunked long ago.

Actually you are wrong there. It has recently been scientifically established that cold weather is in fact an element. The Swedish word for cold also indicates low temperature and one comment was that old knowlwedge should not be dismissed lightly.

On the other hand, comming from a country where 25C is considered very warm I doubt if the temperature in Thailand will cause a common cold. It is more likely that it is caused by virus strains that your immune system is not accostomed to. Also I beleive that sharp temperature gradients (differances) is detrimental. When I check into a hotel the first thing I will do is to adjust the AC to about 25C.

regards

ALHOLK

BadaBing said:

quit bitching OCG , in L.A. now is 60 F , high winds making it feel like 55 F , this is cold ! ::

Bada :rolleyes: Bing

Pure Luxury,

I must admit last few days in Thailand were cool, when the ambient is lower than the usual AC setting in the car of a morning that is cold in my books.

But yesterday I flew into Xi'an in Northern China for 3 weeks, the heating in the hotel room is running flat out and just achieving 24 C (75 F).

Venture outside and I am met with Sub-zero (celcius) temperatures and that white stuff i belive is called snow if my memory serves me right.

Roll on 17 December land at Don Muang 10AM quick dash home then off down to Pranburi for Mrs Mex office party

Common colds are caused by viruses, not temperature changes. They can be caught at any time of the year. Having said that however, there are those who insist that being exposed to temperature changes (usually downward) can lower one's immunity thus increasing one's susceptibility to catching a cold. My advice: avoid those who have colds and wash your hands frequently, especially when outside in public places. If you have shaken hands with someone who seems to have a cold, don't touch your mouth, nose or eyes until washing your hands.

It's actually been cool at times here in Pattaya. Somedays, it's too windy to go to the beach and swim.

Another thing quite noticeable at this time of year is how foul the air can smell. This is from the poor, unfortunate Thais who burn trash to try and keep warm at night. Out where we live, we must keep our windows shut during the night. Right now, water front condos sound pretty attractive.

Archived