Please be careful !

New Petchburi Pete

Sayjann,

I have not seen any gals using the "V" sign.

Unfortunately they utilize the middle finger

sign too frequently. In fact, I have seen

some of the ladies using this with both hands! Excuse me (and I am already encased in

my flame-retardent outfit!); but, isn't that

a British thing?? tongue.gif" border="0

By the way, I do not believe the middle finger sign originated in LOS; and this is

another example of what we are discussing in this thread.

[ February 20, 2002: Message edited by: New Petchburi Pete ]

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i find if i swear in front of the girls then they will use the words back.

so i prefer to say the little phrases in thai and that normally gets a giggle and a smile.

i tell a lie,i heard my girl swear twice.

i was watching her dancing and a drunk sailor grabbed her boobs and she spat in his face,then kicked him in the face and shouted "fuck off".

sayjann,

I can tell you that many of the ladies, especially the ones from Isaan, also are

taught Muay Thai (frequently form an older

brother or even by their father's) It's

best to treat them with respect. They can,

and will, if insulted or threated, often

kick a farang in the face!

Hello Sayjann,

You are correct in stating that the gals deserve respect, as does any human being.

However, since you further stated your

willingness to learn, I would like to inform

you that the basis for their entering the

"world's oldest profession" is not founded

(for the vast majority) upon their attempts

to please the sanukers. I know this from

discussions I have had with many of the

working ladies. I don't speak "Isaan Thai"

well enough. I'm attempting to learn Thai

as it is spoken in Bangkok.I use a former

working lady as an interpreter. Additionally,

some of the working gals speak enough English

for me to understand their reasons for engaging in prostitution. If you have ever traveled throughout Isaan (and I understand

that not all of the gals are from Isaan ...

many are from Bangkok itself), which accounts for them being the lighter-skinned so called "Bangkok Thais.") Many of the girls are deprived of their right to the full nine years of public education. The majority of the girls and women from Isaan only receive 6 years of public education. Many don't even make it through the six years they are entitled to! I have met a couple (and there are probably more)who have never even been to school at all!

The reason for many is due to the poverty

level of their families. The families of many

simply cannot make ends meet unless a daughter(s) moves to BKK. Unfortunately, far

too many are obviously underaged. Frequently many work in occupations other than prostitution. But, once they hear about

how much money they can earn as a GoGo dancer or even as a server in the clubs, (some also work in the 'sudsy' or so-called'soapie' establishments),they realize that they can earn more money in the business the majority will gravitate towards prostitution.

For most, it is all about sending some money (sometimes most of what they earn) to either their families or to their own children. They do this out of the great love and the deep respect they have for their families, and, or their own children. Oftentimes they support their families so as to prevent a younger sister(s) from winding up in the same business that they are engaged in. Prostitution for most leaves deep emotional

scars; and, they don't want that to happen

to a younger sibling. You will not detect their discontent unless you really get to

know them. Believe me, most of these ladies

are great actresses! I believe that the dire

situation of many of the gals' families is

what motivates them to lie. Their families

come first, not the sanukers! Their desperation (many have committed suicide)

may quite possibly account for their talent

at lying, and often their wilingness to deceive their customers. I hope you can

appreciate the stark reality of the 'scene.'

new petchburi pete.

my (ex)girl come from isaan,overnight train to nong khai then 5 hours by bus to her village.

i've been there for a few days and the poverty is bad.i can understand why people from there work in the business.

she has 18 people living in her father's house and sends her money home to them to support them.

because she comes from near laos,she also speaks some sort of laos/thai dialect and many times in her go-go she would be talking to friends from the same area in this dialect and girls from southern thailand would be frowning,saying "i not understand,they speak laos".

From my experiance the Bargirls normally do not know what the "V" sign means - although they are able to work it out quite quickly smile.gif" border="0

Last trip one of my "party pieces" (ie one of the things I kept insisting on doing every time I got drunk) was telling the girls in my regular bars that the "V" sign meant "Hello, sit down and welcome" in England and persuading them to try it out on other farang.

Of course they knew it was complete BS - but if you laugh and smile then it doesn't really matter.

I find it a lot harder to explain to them that using the F word does not always mean "talk bad" and is often used as an adjective by drunk people cos' they can't think of the right word to use.

I remember teaching one Bargirl "freind" (who wanted to learn english slang) the phrase "bugger me backwards with a barge pole" (which of course means "I am surprised") - after she had taken a couple of days to learn this she was not too happy to learn what it literally meant "sodomise me with a very large wooden pole" blush.gif" border="0blush.gif" border="0blush.gif" border="0

[ February 21, 2002: Message edited by: Mr_Teapot ]

Archived