Cost of new date sticker on your ticket?

chilli13

Hi,

I just wonder if anyone have been in the same situation of having a M class ticket(LH) with a 100EUR fee to change date of return flights?

'Cos after having gotten a later date confirmed in the reservation system the LH staff informed I should present myself at LH airport office in country of issue & pay 100EUR to get the new date sticker in my paper ticket ::

However having heard plenty of guys having simply changed 'unchangable' tickets while in LOS(by calling airline in LOS) & when trying to check in at a later date have gotten free or low fee 'sticker' in their ticket at BKK.

So any tips whether I could potentially save myself 100EUR by e.g. contacting LH staff at BKK instead of Germany or if simply presenting my ticket with 'wrong' date at checkin & her looking up online reservation with updated date allowing checkin?

Drinks on me to any who have done this with LH :beer::up:

Oh additionally have anyone managed to return past the validity of the ticket in this case 1month only due to the goodness of heart of some airline staff or purely by charm? :up:

no drinks on me for that comment, but do have a dom perignon on TG though :beer:

I repeat my LH M class rule is that each change of date incur a 100eur charge (when getting the new date stamped onto the ticket at LH German office). Although flight in question is operated by TG they can't help here apparently :banghead:

So anyone else care to bend that rule for me na krap?

I've changed dates on numerous LH tickets, to leave a few days later. My travel people always say I MAY have to pay at the window. You always have to go to the LH counter, not the check-in gate, first. If you go to check-in, they will likely send you to the LH counter.

They put a sticker on the ticket and sign it. I don't remember ever paying the fee. Just give it a try. Its one of those "who knows" experiences.

I think as just said go to the LH office at BKK airport. I once checked in for a LH flight a month or so late and I think I showed them my release letter from the Ting Tong Hospital. They did not charge me so they DID have the authority / discretion in the office ( I think it was upstairs at Intnl Departures).

This was a few years ago - and no idea what class of ticket I had (it was a cheap and cheerful) and I THINK it had fixed a date because I was going back to work on a certain date................

Probably still got my release letter around, if you want a copy ::

Just flew today on TG from Paris, was upgraded to Biz and it's still as lousy as ever and a lot of insane things happened since I landed and a long post about it disappeared and might be as well if I don't *really* want to be banned from tis lovely site but the weirdest was after spending a couple of hours in a girl's ass unable to come when not totally losing consciousness and at the end having her make a scandal after I woke up once again coz she claimed I had just come all over her face but it was utter BS IMO and after a heated session where she was about to get smacked and call the reception I actually kindda remembered I did indeed come all over her distrust face and IME U gotta pay when U change dates on a M class ticket but U can get lucky at the check in counter when they just give you a boarding pass without asking you to go to the ticketing counter an pay the extra charge.

Random, just a nice guy

• 1 month later...

Sure thats TG tickets jay dee staff & ticket conditions.

In my case its LH flight number operated by TG though BUT issued by Austrian!!

So I ended up at Austrian suriwong office where after extended time I managed to make a second change of date now past the 1month validity of M ticket thus 'upgraded' to B fare class & told that I (might) be charged the 100eur change fee + 60eur M->B class fee at airport validation counter ;)

Time will tell & I'm pretty impressed 'cos AUA head office austria clearly told me there's no way to upgrade this ticket to 3month validity(B class) only option more than 1000eur extra for biz class :banghead: Euro trash staff my ass!!!

Archived