Silk, Silver, Surin! Part II

Old Hippie

A massage parlor behind the Tanturin Hotel (SP) and a Gogo a block over...maybe a few other things along the way...got shunned in the gogo, the MP was good, but they tried some Bullshit double charging on the way out...I wasn't there for that anyway...it isn't all whores and gogos...(nose in the air) :)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to Surin, Buri Ram and SSS SSS Si Saket... there, I said it...and I'm not shaking... :) It was great fun, so much to see, missed a lot of it, well, next time for sure! Next on the agenda are the waterfalls, more ruins, Sapphire village, and what ever...Love this area!

OH,

Yes, it is a great area to live and explore if one doesn't mind the lack of gogo bars and beer bars and lots of western food restaurants and such stuff. Here's a list of things to see around here. You've barely scratched the surface my friend, so you need to come back and bring that camera! :)

1. Prasat Kamphaeng Yai (on the Sisaket to Surin highway)

2. Prasat Sikhoraphum (same area)

3. Ta Muen Thom ruins (Surin)

4. Pha Taem Cliff paintings (Ubon Rat area-great place OH!)

5. Muang Tham (Buriram, right near Phanum Rung-forgot to bring you here that day.)

6. The lesser ruins of Kuti Reussi (Buriram)

7. The other lesser ruins of Ban Bu (Buriram)

8. Prasat Phumphon (Korat area-couple hours drive)

9. Prasat Ban Yai Ngao (Korat area-fairly close to the park)

10. Ban Chiang archeaological site- (Udon Thani)

11. Phanom Wan (between Phimai and Korat)

12. Ku Phei Noi (south of Khon Kaen)

13. Prasat Hin Chom Phra (28 kilos from Surin)

14. Basketry Village-Ban Buthom (14 kilos from Surin)

15. Silversmith Village-Ban Kwao Sinarin & Ban Chok

(you were there already at one)

Plus the red sapphire village, the many waterfall areas and parks, the Mun River-the main river in Isaan, the Wat of 1 Million Beer Bottles in Khun Han, the silk village-which you saw, and lots more to see and things to do up here. There are fireworks festivals, the Elephant festival in Surin, my village Pii festival, the Korat Zoo, etc., etc. All a short day trip mostly from Surin. A couple I'd stay in a hotel and return the next day to see. But I have had very good luck finding excellent hotels in these cities for 500 baht a night, and nice places as well! You really should pop up to Saraburi as well. Nice place and lots to see and do there. Tons of great waterfalls woth loads of Thai lasses wading about in their clothes in the water pools, I mean tons!

Come up and see some more, and spend some more time near Si Saket Girl! :o :: :D Was fun traveling around with you!

Cent

"...Yes, it is a great area to live and explore if one doesn't mind the lack of gogo bars and beer bars and lots of western food restaurants and such stuff. ..."

I am above that stuff, I come for the culture etc, only care to see the bars if friends come to visit and force me, I love "the real Thailand" and understand it the way most guys don't, I am a greater lover of all things Thai than anyone else (nose in the air :) ) (Except for you of course).

Sssss Si SSSSSS Si SI SIS ISISISIS SAket Girl... (deep cleansing breath) oddly, Khun Han is right near her village, where we sort of got lost and blew it off...I'll be back, and we will have so much fun...NON GAY FUN I mean... :) I like the idea of painting the walls of your wife's temple...so much to do...less time and money next year...

What are the girls in that massage parlour like? Is the quality better than a Pattaya go go or MP? You often hear farangs say the quality in Thai MPs/brothels is better than farang places, but I've never really believed that myself.

Also have you ever been to Siem Reap to see the temples of Angkor? If you like the Khmer temples around Surin you'd be blown away by Angkor.

Archived