LARGER SIZED CLOTHES

marmite

T shirts are all the basics! Chang, Singha, Carabao, Rebdbull and the tourist attraction shirts! Polos the basic logos as well...

Funny story, I went with 3 girls shopping there, looked all over for a Carabao Dang shirty in my size, and this shop was the last place, we just happened to pass on the way out...oddly, we had passed it going in oh well "...last placeyou look..."

Before you go shopping, take a shirt you already own that fits comfortably. Measure the shoulder seam from arm to arm then take along a measure or cut a piece of string to that length to use to check shirts for their actual size. If you measure from the back collar to shirt bottom you'll also know the best length.

For shorts or pants which are often mislabled in inches, button them and measure across the top; proper size is double that width, i.e., 20" across = 40" waistband.

Using this method, I've always been able to find clothes that fit properly.

If you go to Pattaya, "MIKE MALL" on Beach Rd has many vendors with XXL and XXXL, they will always ask for at least double the price of what they'll actually settle for.

• 4 weeks later...

I've heard mention here multiple times that quality custom tailiored clothers are very cheap there. I'm pretty pumped, i've never had a custom suit before - I may pick one up when i'm there.

I know from experience travelling in europe and japan that it's tough to find clothes to fit my "american" body - I'm 6'2, 300lbs.. it's a shame because i always find something i think is cool when travelling that i can't find in my size.

Archived