LARGER SIZED CLOTHES

marmite

I am a + size guy as well (AKA FAT FUCK) I found the t shirt shop across from Indra center in Pratunam to have my sizes and bigger! Also has polos... a few shops in Pratunam have the bigger sizes...NOT CHEAP! 190 bht a shirt...Suk used to be 130...but now "No Hab 2x..."

Me too. 191cm/108Kg, that is. T-shirts are hard to find, but then again, I do not wear t-shirts, but polo shirts or sports shirts with collars. I have a big neck and hate anything snug around it ala typical t-shirts. And the cut collar & ripped down the front style went out with the 80s LOL!

When shopping remember that you need to add at least one size to be compatible with Thai sizes (i.e., if you are an XL in farangland, you will be a XXL here in LOS). One-size-fits-all (i.e., free-size) doesn't, at least for big guys. Be sure to ask in more upscale locations if the sizing is Asian (Thai) or Western. Or just try on stuff if its allowed (some places it is not). Cheap places will all be Asian sizes, so refer to the first sentance in this paragraph.

And things shrink fiercely here as most street vendor or other cheapie vendor clothing is pretty poor quality. So buy clothes with extra room. And proper stuff from Emporium/Central/Robinson/etc. is more expensive here than in farangland. If still game, try the Pratunam area for garment wholesalers for the best selection in sizes.

Basically, I buy all my off the rack clothes in Sillypore, Hong Kong, Oz or the States when I am there. Otherwise it is all tailor made. And why not? Its cheap to do and you know that the shit fits well.

Cheers,

SD

Not really looking for tailor made stuff. Mainly interested in the knock of t-shirts, polos - that sort of thing. I'm not really fat :) Just play football so I work out a lot.....bigger arms chest etc.

Any stores or locations you can recommend that have XXL XXXL sizes as I am an XL for most things here in Canada.

Thanks for the suggestions :)

Me too...former American football player and rugby player in hong Kong. Basically, I find that the knock off polos are very disappointing because after they are washed a couple of times they are too small. And the cloth is very thin and cheap feeling. And the length is an issue. If big enough for the chest and shoulders, then too short. If long enough, then too tight. The tribulations of being a big guy :D.

But if you are game, there are shops in the Pratunam area that wholesale (and sell to the public) clothing. If coming from the World Trade Centre (or whatever they call it now), go along Ratchadamri from Sukhumvit past it, continue past the Petchaburi Rd intersection. On the left are shops. Wander into them and see what you can find. This is the Pratunam wholesale clothing market area. Lots of little shops, not one big one.

Cheers,

SD

As I said, I weas able to find XXL t-shirts (I am fat) in Pratunam, across from Indra??? right on the corner, main street...Indra, car park, and this shop. Some shops had 4x and 6x shirts inside...good luck looking...easy to get lost...I'll look for the card they gave me, paid 190Bht (pang) for xxl shirts, good quality so far...

Thanks for the info. Ill make sure I check out the Pratunam area. Was just going to go to MBK but maybe I'll be better off doing both.

Any idea how to get to the locations you are speaking of from Nana Plaza.

If you're not sure not to worry, im sure ill be able to figure it out :)

3710379e.jpg

If this is legible, show it to a Taxi driver...or have the desk clerk write it in Thai more clearly...We had trouble getting a taxi to take us there, they bitched about traffic etc, or wanted a fixed amount...Faster/cheaper comming back, as the roads run differently etc...

Archived