Grand Mercure hotel report on Suk Soi 22

SingaporeSteve

I stayed at this hotel for the first time last week. Booked it on the accorhotels.com website and rate was 17XX ++ baht a night for a superior room.

Thye claim on the site its a new hotel but its not, its just new for Mercure. The deluxe rooms are all new but I in my wisdom and stupidity had booked a superior room. Hotel is typical new decor - lots of dark wood and bright coloured cushions but it all works quite well together. Dont know what it was called before but they have done quite nice job of the refurb. Car parking is easy which is important for me and its about 200m down from sukhumvit road. Nice walk up to Suk past many bar areas that I had not seen before and due to a dinner arrangement, I never had time to stop off and investigate.

The superior room was large but the bathroom is tiny - adequate for a couple of nights and has a safe, minibar, tea and coffee etc. Aircon was good and not too noisy and the hotel seemed to be very well run. For the price, I'd say it represents very good value for money and they are not busy - so anybody wanting something over Xmas and new year - this might be a good option.

Guest friendly and no joiner fees. I'd stay there again.

Cheers

Steve

I also noticed this new Mercure - ex Jade Pavilion- on the accorasia site ; I like the laidback atmosphere of the Soi and have been a regular at the Regency Park for years, but from your report it seems that the Grand Mercure is now a better option.

Is the pool area sunny ?

Cheers

Pool area was very bright and sunny when I opened the curtains at midday and my room overlooked the pool. I also just noticed that Mercure are managing the Regency you refer to. Seems like there is no stopping those guys in growing the network in Asia. For the difference on these internet rates I would continue at the Grand Mercure.

Cheers

------------------------------------------------------------------

Accor is to manage a new hotel in Bangkok, the Ibis Fenix Bangkok.

Ibis Fenix Bangkok will open on Sukhumvit Soi 11, known for trendy dinning, fun pubs, and modern entertainment outlets. It is also near the Queen Sirikit National Convention Centre, the BTS Skytrain station and the Bangkok Mass Rapid Transit underground system.

The hotel will offer guests one restaurant, bar, gym, swimming pool and meeting facilities.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Accor Group news :

The Sofitel Garden Cliff Resort & Spa Pattaya is to open on 1 December 2005.

The low-rise, 249 room Sofitel Garden Cliff Resort & Spa is is located on North Pattaya?s secluded Crescent Moon Beach, tucked into the quite residential area away from the city center and main entertainment areas.

To celebrate its opening, the hotel is offering a promotional rate of 4,000 baht (US$97) ++ a night double occupancy in a Deluxe Sea view Room including breakfast until 31 March, 2006 (peak season surcharge applies from 24 Dec 2005 to 10 Jan 06).

---------------------------------------------------------------------

• 3 months later...

Archived