Aussie Kills Canadian Wife, Soi 20

He bludgeoned her. She may have been drunk; at least, I haerd she was hammered. (Say, is the Aussie someone who was on here?)

http://nationmultimedia.com/search/page.arcview.php?clid=3&id=125523&usrsess=

Australian expat arrested for bludgeoning wife to death

Published on Dec 24, 2005

An Australian man confessed yesterday to killing his Canadian wife with a hammer and attempting to cover it up by disposing of her body and filing a missing person?s report, police said. The body of Barbara Lynn McLeod, 61, was found dumped in bushes on Sukhumvit Soi 20 in Khlong Toei district yesterday morning.

Shortly after, her husband Stewart Keith McLeod, 44, an employee of True Corporation, reported to police that his wife had been missing since leaving their house on Thursday evening.

McLeod was later taken to identify his wife?s body, which was found about 200 metres away from their home.

During a search of McLeod?s two-storey house, police found traces of blood on the ground floor and more blood in a bedroom on the second floor. McLeod told police a thief might have broken into the house, killed his wife and dumped her body in the bushes.

After nearly an hour of interrogation, McLeod confessed that he and his wife had an argument that ended in his beating her to death with a hammer before disposing of her body in the bushes.

He later led police to a storage room where he had hidden the hammer, bloodstained pillowcases and bed sheet.

Police investigators said that the couple was planning to celebrate Christmas in Canada.

McLeod is in police custody pending trial on charges of premeditated murder, while his wife?s body has been sent for an autopsy.

Police said investigations revealed the incident might have stemmed from arguments over McLeod?s alleged involvement with a Thai woman.

Priyakorn Pothong

The Nation

Pretty wild. You don't often see western age gaps where the women is a generation older.

This case 17 years. And then get stationed in Thailand!!!

What about those cops!!! Find traces of blood around the house but can't find the hammer, blood stained pillow cases, or sheets??? Should have burnt them.

TiT

<<burp>>

"Police investigators said that the couple was planning to celebrate Christmas in Canada."

From what I heard last night from the Sister in Law I find this difficult to believe.

McLeod works (worked) for Orange Telecommunications the same as Sis-in-law and alledgedly his step daughter was over in Thailand from Canada for the holiday season.

From what I was told there were a couple of scenes at the Orange office in the days leading up to the offence involving McLeod His wife and Step Daughter which did result in security finaly ejecting them from the building.

Archived