Be Careful What you Eat!!

keith doug

I've been here a while now and will eat pretty much anything put in front of me. (Except undercooked pork and shellfish from unknown sources and most of the little Issan bugs the ladies like)

On a couple of occasions I've had the 24 bug. From mussels, squid and some bad chicken livers. I try to replenish my body fluids with an electrolyte drink and let my body fight off the bad bacteria. Over using antibiotics has it's own set of consequences.

If a bug lasts for more than 24 hours and seem especially virulent medical attention should be sought because it may be a viral attack which are quite nasty.

I had typhoid in mexico once and was extremely sick for 3 days. The symptoms weren't simple stomach and bowel distress. ("I thought I was going to die" type of distress!)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The quickest and safest way to get rid off food poisoning runs is Psyllium Husks or Sat Isabgol. This natural product does not give the faul side effects antibiotics do. To be found in health food stores in your home country or in Little India (kahurat) BKK. On the main road there is a little shop that sells some food products and some statues, they have got it for sure. 100b Or in Penang's Little India you can get it at the spices store or food stores.

How to use Psyllium Husks:

Diarrhea: 1 bowl of curd mix in 3 or 4 tablespoons. Eat quick since the stuff thickens like crazy! Best in the mornings and or before bedtime. Followed by sipping a glass of water over the period of an hour or so.

Constipation: 2 large glasses of water w. 3-4 Tablespoons Husk

For ordinary use to keep you regular; follow the directions for constipation.

Hi!

I did get sick on one trip. But I think it was all the people at all the airports I stopped and the coughing kids on airplane that may have caused flu-like illness.

As all aircraft recycle air to some extent it is a great place to sample all viruses that are available on the plane.

regards

ALHOLK

Topcatta said:

The quickest and safest way to get rid off food poisoning runs is Psyllium Husks or Sat Isabgol. This natural product does not give the faul side effects antibiotics do. To be found in health food stores in your home country or in Little India (kahurat) BKK. On the main road there is a little shop that sells some food products and some statues, they have got it for sure. 100b Or in Penang's Little India you can get it at the spices store or food stores.

How to use Psyllium Husks:

Diarrhea: 1 bowl of curd mix in 3 or 4 tablespoons. Eat quick since the stuff thickens like crazy! Best in the mornings and or before bedtime. Followed by sipping a glass of water over the period of an hour or so.

Constipation: 2 large glasses of water w. 3-4 Tablespoons Husk

For ordinary use to keep you regular; follow the directions for constipation.

since when does one need antibiotics to cure food poisoning runs ???? :: :: ::

BB

BelgianBoy said:

since when does one need antibiotics to cure food poisoning runs ???? :: :: ::

BB

I thought this was quite common? For example, a friend in the UK recently got Campylobacter food poisoning and was prescribed the antibiotic erythromycin to help clear things up.

Archived