Be Careful What you Eat!!

keith doug

Boo Radley said:
BelgianBoy said:

since when does one need antibiotics to cure food poisoning runs ???? :: :: ::

BB

I thought this was quite common? For example, a friend in the UK recently got Campylobacter food poisoning and was prescribed the antibiotic erythromycin to help clear things up.

Right, go on, you take them, I wont ......

BB

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are exceptions to everything.

I always eat (almost always) Western food. And usually a well known restaurant. Always look for a high turnover rates. In other words, lots of people. And nothing with mayonaze. People tell me I pay too much, but, I don't get sick from the food, so money well spent.

I have eaten at the Mariott Sunday buffet and never a problem.

The buffet breakfast at the Nana Hotel has never been a problem for me. In fact, nothing I have ordered at the Nana Hotel restaurant has been a problem.

If you get to the buffet at the LEK early enough, the flys won't bother your dining experience.

And then there are the spicy insects from the cart outside. Now, there is a treat! Forget the DDT. It's heath food, isn't it?

keith doug said:

WELL I WAS REALLY BAD IN DECEMBER ,, ANDD CAN ONLY PUT IT DOWN TO A PORK CHOP ,, i had in the evning or a ham roll lunchtime... the following day i was sick 12 times !!!!! and totally lost my appertite to eat.

All these stomach bugs and incidents of the squits we get when we go to Los,I wonder if it is food or just down to putting your tongue in various BG's orifices!::

I was sick this year for the first time in 12 years in LOS. After almost 3 weeks of only home made Thai food in the village without any problem we came back to Bangkok and I ate a tuna sandwich with mayo at the hotel and bang I was sick.

The rest of the trip I stick with Thai food only coming from restaurants and foodstalls and I even ate those big oysters in Phuket without any problem.

Next trip I will stick to Thai food and only eat falang food at two restaurants I know very well in Phuket.

Archived