Firewall

Guest baldrick

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BB,

Ok, so the only reason not to use the Pro version is because if costs money. I also was wondering if there was a serious reason not to use the Pro version as I have had it install in all of my computers for the last few years and have not had any problems at all.

I use it on my work computer, laptop and home computer with the same license number without any issues.

Cheers!

*sigh*

I only replied to the wishes of OP....... any problem with that ?

What you do on your computer(s) and what I do on mine is a different story, na ?

I use the paying version of Norton, and the free version of ZoneAlam, as well as Spybot and AdAware.

And I too never had any issues on my computers....... satisfied ?

BB

I've used the free version of ZONE ALARM for two years and am completely satisfied with it.

My computer guru tells me that ZONE ALARM PRO is great, but contains features that most home computers don't really need and that can be a bit more difficult to configure for an inexperienced user. He does recommend it for business use.

You should also check out AVG anti-virus. It is also a free download from Grisoft. Google it for the web address. I run them both along with "AD-AWARE"

Didn't look patronizing.

It was inquisitive since you stated that one should not use the pro version.

Workwise, I recently had a problem with the pro version. But it was a configuration issue.

Interestingly enough, Pro wasn't in the system tray, and not in the task manager processes. It wasn't in startup. BUT it was running a service under Administrative Tools in Control Panel.

It was blocking all network traffic.

Don't know how Pro was installed, but I think someone botched the installation.

<<burp>>

gummigut said:

Didn't look patronizing.

LOL it sure looked that way to me, after stating my post had an attitude.

Anyway, KS has been gone for a few days and with you 2 guys on my neck I sure do not want to get banned again for any shite reason.

The thread is all yours to play with :p

BB

Archived