Would you be hungry, before your excecution?

Man at Work

My father was a prison chaplain in the 1930's and an Army chaplain during WWII. He attended condemned men many times in those years and said their last hours were seldom like you see in films. There wasn't any "special last meal" back then. Most of the guys were so scared they were catatonic and had to be carried to the gallows, or else fought the guards so hard they had to be beaten into submission. Only the guys who really regretted their crimes or some of the crazy ones cooperated, he said.

:devil:

I would not, but, then again, i'm not a murderer or sociopath. :) After 20+ years of appeals i'm surprised some don't order Beluga caviar just to stick it to he man one last time.

My understand ing is, there is no choice of"Last meal" in California. They are given what is on order, or maybe a choice or 2 from a "limited menu." I recall the old joke about the inmate saying "I'd like strawberriers for my last meal..." the wardfen says "they won't be in season for another 6 months..." the inmate replies "that's o.k. I'll wait!" :)

Well I would say:

Uni Sushi x 6

Cuttle fish tentacle a la´Sukhumvit BBQ street vendor x 4

Crayfish, NZ small, spilt with garlic butter x 1

Smoked duck breast, with hainan sauce (I don't know what this is but my chinese friends make it) x 2

2 bottles of Dom or similar

and a packet of Khrung Thep

Cheers

Coss

the question of a last meal has come up before but i will just refine my last meal with finer details.

2 slices of toast with melted cheese.

chunky Branston pickle spread over the cheese quite thickly.

a fried egg then placed on each slice of toast/cheese and then covered in Heinz tomato ketchup.

finally the whole lot is covered in Heinz baked beans.

a feast fit for a King.

one last bottle of Beer...........

but probably cannot get real Branston or Heinz products in the US.

Archived