Spend the night at Don Muang airport

samak

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
samak said:

limbo confirmed the mix of international and domestic passenger for flights to Samui; same for Phuket, Hat yai and Chiang Mai!

I'll confirm as well. I am often on a flight from Oz that is routed SYD/MEL/HKT/BKK, dropping and picking up along the way (so in theory, one could fly TG on a domestic Oz route).

Since my final destination is BKK, I get off in HKT, go to the lounge, get back on the flight an hour later and go through immigration in BKK.

As as is Samak, I too am on flights to/fro BKK and all over Asia 3-4x a month for many years.

Cheers,

SD

More Banter....

TG lounge is not open 24 hours but if there a lots of late flights 9 as in the winter) it will be open. Yeah, you can sleep there etc but not open till 5am, same as TG desk. TG tansit desk opens at 5am. the transit area has an all night food place and yes there si 24 hour beer there. The whole transit place looks like a sleeping thieves market at night. I wouldn't trust to sleep but those who did probably don't have anything to lose anyway. Hotel info http://www.miraclegrandhotel.com/dayroom.html

That pic in the url above is actually over in term 2. The one in term 1 at the TG transit desk not up an escellator.

BTW. even if you are a Dom transit the outbound duty free will sell to you..(TIT). I found that cuban rum and cigars are cheaper here that over in Term 1????

the pain is over and the facts have spoken.....Last run thru there....3 weeks ago... Ok the day rooms are nit noi

pricey but I consider it a safety factor as the lounge crashers and normally what I consider to be undesirable types. I have done the 0300 arrival and 0700 depart on TG Dom and missing those few hours of sleep and a shower make the jet lag (7 for me) linger longer.....(which is not good for the wand)

Do they have a shower room at D Muang? In Inchon they have one, makes you feel good betwen long overnight flights. Not enough shower facilities to go around, though, sometimes. Costs about $7.

Yo Jessie, why don't you just rob a bank and build one...

I have never seen showers such as are at other airports etc. United doesn't off those as in Narita.......my best is that it is in the http://www.miraclegrandhotel.com/dayroom.html

there are two of these...one a deacribed in an earlier post and the other is actually pic of the url above. There is a moving stair way (how do you say that in non American English) escellator...if you were to walk out of the United room in the duty-not-so free area walk to the right an across the hall. up the moving stairs and it is on your left!

Archived