Nomination for best poster of 2006 is...

-.-.-

lazyphil said:

Taking your low so tgf to a place like this SD is a stupid as taking a hiso Thai/Asian (or low so!) to a Mobile, Alabama Vietnam VA annual gathering! Deal with it!

QUESTION? Why do Thais look so down upon Bargirls but seem to be so tolerant of the ladyboys? Or is it just this way in the Sukhumvit area?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
cosmo said:
lazyphil said:

QUESTION? Why do Thais look so down upon Bargirls but seem to be so tolerant of the ladyboys? Or is it just this way in the Sukhumvit area?

Do they? My Mrs does not like khatoeys, gays or lesbians. I've encountered a fair number of Thais who do not really have much use for khatoeys either. At best, they just seem to be tolerated.

(Sukhumwit is hardly typical of Bangkok.)

Himitsu,

all right, I find it hard to argue with you when you you give me your background for your observations :)

Still your stereotype was not relevant, whether you are the same or not.

And still I would have had fun being there, not giving a shit about what the hi-so`s would think, on the contrary.

Then again I am not associating with those anyway, thank you very much.

IMHO he may have been pathetic, but not a fuck.

YMMV

cheers

hua nguu

Hua Nguu-

It was fun for sure.

I am willing to bet that if Thailands upper class were not confronted "in the face" with certain things related to bar girls we would have no closing times and a serious return to the old days.

The original post that this was about was so clear and defined it, at least for me, so well.

At the end of 2006 I am pretty certain I will be voting for Suadum as poster of 2006 in the Insight Into Thai Culture category.

Or maybe the Spare Your Girl of The Eveing This Humiliation category......................

I am not argueing with you about the qualities of SD`s post, am merely saying this doesn`t necessarily apply to all.

Concerning your bet, kinda funny really. So the thai upper class feels offended with being confronted en face with farangs`BGs which results in the night venues closing early, whileas they can freely mess around with mia nois, at the massage parlours, brothels, orh orh (minors) and whatnot and that has no consequences.

Well, if the thai upper class is offended by watching bgs with farang "in the face", then tough luck. Talk about hippocracy here, and if that leads to night venues closing early, well, I for one couldn`t care less.

Or maybe the Spare Your Girl of The Eveing This Humiliation category

As I said that doesn`t apply to all.

Again, not disputing the qualities of SD`s post.

cheers

hua nguu

Guest lazyphil

who really gives a monkeys what some spoilt brat hiso thinks or feels??--next time i'm in los i'm taking the mrs to the trendyest hiso bar with a pair of union jack shorts, vest, flip flops and knotted hanky on my head and get the mrs wearing the smallest outfit......purely a social experiement you must understand for my thesis :D

ps, i also think hiso thai men are jealous of the farang wanderlust to party with bgs, i think deep down they're sick to death of hi society all stilted and polite and want a bit of sleazy action at kings cross or soho....amsterdam etc with some big buxom, blonde goer!

himitsu said:

It is all about insight and understanding not only the falang positon, the Thai working girl positon but also the middle and upper class Thai postion.

Yes, and it is amazingly interesting what you can experience when people think you are Thai, which I am often confused for. Not to mention when you are introduced to middle and upper class Thai and have the experience of going out with them.

Not everybody is in the same boat. You have attempted to consider less then 1/4th of a situation by only assessing the condition of the girl (and not really good at that) without taking into consideration at all the state of the farang(You somewhat did but instantly assumed they will all be bald/fat/whatnot which is disgusting no matter where you go).

Then again I'm just another random name filled with random letters coming after it posting on an online forum. What could I possibly know?

Jazz said:
Flashermac said:

Since the best post of 2006 has already been made, we may as well save time and all stop posting until 1 January 2007.

:dunno:

I find certain posters overwhelming :dunno:

No one in forcing you to read this board, or the comments of any particular posters. There is an "ignore" feature, which you can use.

Archived