Nomination for best poster of 2006 is...

-.-.-

All this advice is very good thank you.

However most guys on short holidays couldn't give a stuff about the conventions and social norms in Thailand.

They are just over the moon to be shagging a good looking woman, getting drunk, and forgeting all the bullshit of their normal dreary lives in farangland.

Good luck to them....ignorance is bliss........

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Weird said:

...is pretty self-absorbed.

But that is me, so deal with it :neener:! LOL!

EDIT: I'm just pointing out what the facts are. Don't shoot the messenger. But I see that thinking you can change society when you are a stranger in a strange land as being very arrogant! Or selfish, in that you only think of yourself, not your partner. No offense, I could be wrong...

Cheers,

SD

"... Quote:

Weird said:

...is pretty self-absorbed.

But that is me, so deal with it ..."

As perhapes the most pompous/arrogant person on this board, I can honestly state, I have never seen Suadam at the meetings of Pompous arrogant self absorbed people...

Weird,

".......but the attitudes in LoS never are."

is the key point and why the Himitsu Poster of 2006 nomination, so far, is going to Suadum.

It is all about insight and understanding not only the falang positon, the Thai working girl positon but also the middle and upper class Thai postion.

Whether we like it or not does not matter. I saw this again last night at the Sheraton. A early twenties working girl sitting to the left of a falang as overweight and balding as I am. He needed to eat with his right hand while his left had to hold her right hand.

As she was also right handed she had to eat with her left which was awkward.

This pathetic fuck was so enhralled with his girl of the evening, as well as deeply respectful of Thai culture, that he would kind of snap to attention and deeply wai the staff who brought him water or took a plate.

He also wanted to hold her hand as they went back up to get more food.

He was totally oblivious to the reaction and comments made about him and her by the Thais sitting around him.

She was uncomfortable to say the least!

Does not matter whether you like the Thai class structure and resulting prejudice or not. It is here.

If you are not aware of it or choose to ignore it that is up to you.....but I guarantee the girl you do this with will notice it.

hmm, to me you are jumping to conclusions here.

1) how do you know they were not married for starters?

2) you apparently overheard the comments made by the thais sitting around him. Logically you have a very good command of thai then? And were within hearing range.

3) so he wai`ed the staff, made an ass out of himself so what? At least he tried to show good manners by being respectful to thai culture, however ill informed.

4) she was uncomfortable to say the least? And you know that for sure?

5) and you noticed she was righthanded too, very observant indeed.

She may have been a bg, but I have seen more than a few BGs develop into a "i don`t give a shit attitude about social norms" or others get a kick out of being a situation as you just described. Being a BG already disqualifies one as being a part of the mainstream social norms, so why would she care?

BGs get these reactions just about anywhere out of their very narrow circles and and I am sure that quite a few don`t pay any attention to that anymore.

Overweight and balding, right, the common stereotype, why did you feel the need to mention those irrelevant facts?

Man, I would have loved to be there and make those hi-so thais piss their pants with frustration because there wasn`t a thing they could do about it.

I wouldn`t ignore the prejudice displayed, I would soak it in and enjoy every moment.

"The pathetic fuck" was apparently having a good time, live and let live mate.

cheers

hua nguu

Hua Nguu-

1. Because she works in Soi Cowboy.

2. Have lived here since the late 80s. I could understand the comments and so could she even though she was seated farther away.

3.He totally made an ass out of himself with the wiaing. It was done with the precision of a military salute and totally wrong.

4. I have seen tens of thousand of Thai bar girls overs the years. She was uncomfortable.

5. She was righthanded for sure. These are senses you develop when you spend a lot of time at buffets anad are overwieght.

"Overweight and balding, right, the common stereotype, why did you feel the need to mention those irrelevant facts? "

Because he was as fat, maybe fatter, than me and balding just as badly.

Live and let live for sure!

Everyone in the place had the same attitude.

The pathetic fuck showed very bad judgement.

Archived