Nomination for best poster of 2006 is...

-.-.-

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It isn't just Thais though. I mentioned the incedent at Khao Sarn Road, Soi 7 food court, some woman informed me "...you should be ashamed of yourself, that girl is young enough to be your daughter..." the girl was in fact Luk Kreung, and I replied "as a matter of fact, she is my daughter, and I am not at ashamed of it..."

The girl wasn't a hooker, she worked in our office and wanted to go look around and go swimming at my hotel, her and some friends...didn't get anywhere with any of them, but that wasn't the point. The farang cow making the comments apologized, as did the man (husband?) with her. Mid 40-50's who knows...

Next incident was at the Taipan Hotel, in the elevator, with my regular from Khon Kaen, we're babbling along in Thai (I was trying to show off my crappy skills to her, and show off in front of the others in the elevator :) ) the elevator is loaded with school kids from the USA, and some Women chaparpones. One of them says to me "that is gross, you are old enough to be her dad..." I smile and say "yes, I know...hey guys, plenty morre just like her $25, 200 meters down the road..." and we left.

It isn't just Thais with something to say or stare at. Pisses me off quite frankly...but I won't let it ruin my good time.

Its a much different experience staying in BKK with my wife and daughter, alot better. people treat you like normal, really good but when its just me and the missus the attitudes are very different. In one situation I feel like the family man-respected and welcomed, in the other situation I feel like a scumbag even when there less that 10 years age difference, I'm not fat, bald, old and my wife just looks like your everyday thai girl.

shygye said:

I think it is hilarious. These expats so concerned about what hiso Thais think. When 99% of these hiso Thais think when they see a Farang-TG (wife/daughter/gf) as a punter with his prostitute.

I think you miss the point, as do most in this thread. I generally don't really give a shit about what others I do not know think. However, I do care about ensuring that my partner, be it a whore or not, feels comfortable and is having fun, all while without limiting my own fun.

But hey, Western culture is all about "me, me, me" these days, so what the fuck do I know...outside of more than having my fill of it these six weeks in Farangland.

I guess am a gentleman (which is a bit of a dinosaur)...and proud of it. And perhaps it is also why some of us on the board do not have "issues" with Thais. :dunno:

Regards,

SD

FAT_AUSSIE said:

Its a much different experience staying in BKK with my wife and daughter, alot better. people treat you like normal, really good but when its just me and the missus the attitudes are very different. In one situation I feel like the family man-respected and welcomed, in the other situation I feel like a scumbag even when there less that 10 years age difference, I'm not fat, bald, old and my wife just looks like your everyday thai girl.

Yeah, I have noticed that when out for lunch with my friend and her 2 year old daughter, we look like a couple, and everyone loves a Luk Kreung it seems. :) I also like older women at times, that is 30+ or even my own age, and I notice the stares are a bit less when out with them, and the attitudes less as well.

Fankly, I could catre less about the "assumptions" made, that is unavoidable with people...I take issue when some dip shit actually says something.

My attitude to the whole thing is 'fuck 'em - let them stare !'.

It has happened to me here in Oz more than Asia, but the locals are such a narrow-minded bunch of inbreds that I usually dont give a shit. Nothing seems to get up there noses more than seeing a white guy with an Asian woman, and if there is an age difference - 'wow, I'd better write home about this one !'.

No, I wouldnt take a working girl to a high-class restaurant, but then I rarely frequent such places anyway. Tend to get stared at regardless of the girls occupation or dress, so its not much point getting worked up over it - unless you are about 5'6" tall, black hair and tanned skin, chances are that you are going to stand out with an Asian woman.

Keep the faith,

Artie

OK - I side on the "Dont take them somewhere they are uncomfortable attiturde" of SD.

IF they want to be there, fuck everyone else.

I find the real upper class don;t worry to much, the upper middle class thais are the ones giving themselves airs and graces.

However, the idea a wai can be wrong, fuck that, I've had major CEO's do it,. totally wrong, at the end of meetings, all the thais I mingle with, at the CEO end of the stick, seem toappreciate someone at least trying to do something polite,

DOG

Guest lazyphil

<<But hey, Western culture is all about "me, me, me" these days>>

Funny how the UK alone raised 100 million pounds for the asian tsunami--pakistan earthquake a sizable wad too, ok, not exactly the point you're trying to make, i'm looking forward to two charity cycle rides this summer, along with several thousand like minded ''jai dee'' folks ( :barf::grinyes:), london>cambridge then later in autum oxford>cambridge--feel free to sponser me :angel:

Archived