Nomination for best poster of 2006 is...

-.-.-

.........Suadum.

Every so often there is a post that so clearly defines how things work here.

The "brownie post" below is probably going to be it for 2006.

Quite often I cringe looking at the falang, overjoyed with his girl of the evening, sitting in an upscale Thai place usually oblivious to the downright nasty talk and uncomfortable loss of face his humiliated companion feels.

"Lastly, under NO circumstances bring your Issan brownie gogo/beer bar/underemployed girlfriend to any of these places. She won't like it and you won't enjoy the looks and backtalking either. Sorry, this is LoS. That's the way it is. Deal with it. "

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Old Hippie,

You and Gadfly were top choices until this post.

Now you'll just have to wait and see how the rest of the year plays out.

Sorry, I cannot be bribed and my opinion cannot be swayed although free airline tickets are cool.

For absolute clarity and precision in defining a certain cultural element of living here that so many tend to miss this post is going to be hard to beat.

The prize is not yet decided but I tend to suspect it will involve beer or whiskey.

íÆñ¤¦, ÈëÌ©. (EDIT: aww fudge; Japanese characters don't work here!). That's the way I see it, the oblivious farang and "fish-outta-water" holiday girlfriend (to be charitable). Makes me want run fast and far.

Weird, you are certainly correct in that "every girl is different," but the attitudes in LoS never are. And you need to know that before putting yourself and the gal into that position. Not worth in IMHO unless that gal is *really* your significant other; and maybe not even then.

That said, I have a couple of BG friends who are game on some occasions to flaunt the rules of society here and go to non-P4P venues. If we do, we usually pick someplace with farang female backpackers (i.e., Khao San Rd.) and have a little fun. The gals play up the whole 'ho thing, and I and my partner-in-crime-du-jour embellish the male pig role. Just for fun and looks/comments from the holier-than-thou/PC crowd. :stirthepo:devil:

But it is all staged (taking the piss, if you will), which makes it *very* different from the oblivious guy above. The gals know 100% full well what we are doing and have the right personality and rebellious streak and thick skin to pull it off (you need to know them quite well to determine that). Oh, and they truly think it is fun too -- in fact, one of them always suggests when she is ready to do it again LOL! :up: :up: :bow::rotfl:

But I would NEVER do that where someone may know me or where I would want to go on a regular basis.

Cheers,

SD

Guest lazyphil

Taking your low so tgf to a place like this SD is a stupid as taking a hiso Thai/Asian (or low so!) to a Mobile, Alabama Vietnam VA annual gathering! Deal with it!

I have had the same negative reaction when out with a "GTG" in her University Uniform... Hi so, lo so, Issaarn or BKK...I think many Thais, and many farangs immediately assume the girl is a hooker, by virtue of her being with a farang, especially if the man a lot older...

I have seen this in restaurants on or off Sukhumvit, Khao Sarn Road (where a woman asked if it "...made me feel good to buy my prostitute a meal...") in Night clubs like Brown Sugar, and even in Thai clubs...fuck all, a Thai girl I know (SSG's best friend actually) came up to me in Somrak's restaurant in Prakanom, and said hello, her asshole Euro trash husband got pissed and assumed I was an old customer of hers...so much for what he thinks of his own wife...

A lot/all depends on the girl, and the place, and mainly people's attitudes...but the real problem is asshole people and their attitudes/preconceived notions Thai and farang alike...

"And you need to know that before putting yourself and the gal into that position. "

What I need to know?

Please excuse the strife but it really is quite arrogant to tell me what I need to know as if I haven't already assessed the situation and cannot for the love of me figure anything out on my own.

I'm sorry if your experiences in the LOS have caused you to be jaded in this respect but as I said earlier, every girl is different.

If you had said the majority of the time as OH commented then your comment would probably have more validity as far as I am concerned(take that with a grain of salt if you wish). To say "under NO circumstances" is pretty self-absorbed.

Archived