Tai-Pan Hotel

bust

Was good until late last year.

Have stayed there many times, but never again

In January they were quoting (over the net booking sites) 2700 /2800 for superior double.

12 months ago it was 1700 / 1800.

They also do a big time share push on the streets of Bkk.

Have never been really "guest" friendly , but have now adopted a REALLY bad attitude !!!!!

FORGET it !!!! much better value for AUD 100 around.

Depends what you are looking for, but for those $$$$$ there are many better options.

Everyone's opinions differ, so I won't give free plugs.......

PM me and let me know your requirements if you want my opinions (I've only been home 3 weeks..... weep weep !!!!)

Cheers Dumsoda

That's right they have gone bar, it was 1400 in '99 and last time I was there last August a superior was 1800. I have always found them guest friendly and a couple of times took two and three up to the room. Pity no longer value for money, but if you can get for less than 2.000 baht it's still a very good hotel as they keep the rooms very nice and the better rooms have safes and internet access. Food not as good as it was though.

Although I liked the hotel and have stayed there many times since the mid 90s, their recent exorbident raise in room rates have turned me off. Paid B1900 for Double Deluxe in 2002, and now the booking agencies advertise B3000+. Never had problems or was charged a joiner fee. Prolly look elsewhere.

I think the Tai Pan really sucks

It is quite a nice hotel only the staff is really bad....

My brother had a room there and because I had lived in a muay thai camp for a couple of months (without hot water, tv and so on....) I tought it was a nice plan to have a decent room for one night, so I asked him if I could stay in his room for 1 night.

He was ok with it, and arranged it with the staff (he had to pay joiners fee for me but didn't care about that).

The next morning when we wanted to have breakfast, they only allowed one person to have breakfast, we explained the whole thing but they kept their point.

I can understand that they don't want guys with Thai ladies (whores) having breakfast (so that everybody can see what sort of customers the hotel has) but what was the problem of letting me have breakfast there????

Considering that it was a buffet breakfast (so they didn't have to make anything extra for me, only throw away a liitle less as anyone was finished) I found it very rude and an act of no-service at all.

My brother checked out as soon as possible and we will never go back to that hotel again

Archived